10

~4th September~

Your POV

"Are you actually serious?"

It was the next morning, and Phil and I were sitting in Trafalgar Square, coffees/hot chocolates/tea in hand.

It's been too long since I've had some time alone with Phil. So whilst Tess works and Dan edits, Phil and I sit on a seat in the cold morning air exchanging our awkward stories since we last saw each other.

"Yeah. I'm such an idiot!" He laughs.

"Well, Mr Philip, less lip more ip, I believe we could actually be related."

"Same here. Maybe my parents secretly had another child."

"Maybe. But they took one look at me and thought, 'remember waking up to see our son watching us from the end of our bed? What if this one actually murders us?' And thus, I was put up for adoption."

"Or maybe an alien abducted her and you were an experiment and she was too afraid to keep you in fear you'd eat us."

I giggle. "That's a great theory."

An awkward silence brews between us, which was better than the conversation to come next...

"Are you going to invite us to your wedding?" He asks.

"Of course I am! You and Tess are family, I can't just leave you out."

"What about Dan," he almost whispers.

I sigh. Honestly? I don't know. It's not hard to figure out that Dan still has feelings for me. I don't want to hurt him by inviting him to a celebration that will give him heartbreak.

"Yeah," I lie, probably unconvincingly. "The wedding won't be for a while, best not worry about it." I force a grin, hoping to change the subject. "You have a Switch, don't you?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Because it's been ages since I've kicked your arse at Mario Kart. And with my little hands, I'm pretty sure I have an advantage against Dan, too."

"It's on, little girl."

~Time skip~

"I'll go get Dan," I giggle as Phil points me in the direction of the room. I tiptoe up the stairs and over to his door. Carefully I turn the handle and push the door open.

"Guess what, mother fucker?" I stop mid step as I catch sight of him and gulp.

When I walked in, I expected to see his lazy arse on the bed, laptop on lap. But nope. Instead he stands by his wardrobe, rummaging through his clothes... with just a towel around his waist.

"Oh, shit. Sorry," I squeal, placing a hand over my eyes.

He laughs. "You've seen me topless before, Y/N. And in a towel."

"It's different now."

"Of course it is. Why are you here?" He snaps.

My eyes begin to water. "I was going to play Mario Kart with you and Phil, but I think I should go." I let out a sniffle and turn on my heel.

"Shit," I hear Dan mutter behind me. "Y/N!"

I ignore him and stomp down the stairs.

"Hey, Y/N- what's wrong?"

"Not now, Phil," I grumble as I open the front door and slam it shut. I rush out onto the street, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Y/N!" I hear behind me over the sound of London traffic. The sound of footsteps and heaving grows louder as he comes closer, grabbing my wrist.

I wipe my eyes with my free hand and turn to face the man who never fails to make me cry. Lucky for his dignity, he changed into a pair of sweatpants and a black sweater.

"I'm sorry," he says, finally catching his breath. "That was a dick move. I didn't mean to sound so harsh."

"Why can't you just accept that I've moved on?" I begin to interrogate him. "Why won't you just let me be happy with my life? Tell me, Dan!"

"I said I'm sorry." His voice is soft. "I really am. It's just unfair that you can move on but I can't. I loved you, Y/N/N. It's a hard feeling to get over. I'll try to get over it. I hate being an arsehole to you. It's not fair."

"You think it was hard getting over me," I scoff.

His eyebrows knit together in confusion. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I sigh. "Nothing. Can we just forget about this? I hate being angry at you. Let's just go back to your house so I can beat you at Mario Kart."

"As if."

"See these hands?" I hold up my tiny hands. "These are the hands Switch controllers were made for. I'm going to win for sure."

"Yeah, right. Let's just see about that."

~Time skip~

"What did I tell you? The Switch was made for me!"

"Bite me," Dan grumbles.

I lean over to him, mouth open wide, and bite down on his shoulder.

"Ow! What the fuck?!" He shrieks. I burst into laughter.

"You told me to."

"You are evil, Y/N L/N."

I giggle. "Yeah I am."

There's a moment of silence which consists of us staring into each other's eyes.

"I-" he starts. "I, uh... need to edit a video."

"And I need to do a live stream. Shit. I better hurry back." I stand up, ready to leave. Dan grabs my wrist.

"No, don't go yet. Just do it here. You can use Phil's laptop."

I smile and nod in response.

After talking to Phil, I sit in the living room with his laptop on my lap, ready to go live.

"Hello," I greet my viewers in a cheerful tone. "As you can see, my background is a little different. I'm assuming you recognise it. Today's show is special, because I may have two little shits here with me..."

Dan smacks my arm and I giggle. The chat goes crazy. But one comment stands out, and it repeats itself over and over.

You guys need to get back together!