5

~2nd September~

Your POV

"Be safe," he whispers into my ear.

"I will," I promise.

The buzz of his phone causes him to release me. He quickly pulls it out of his pocket and holds back a grin.

"I've got to go. Work stuff. Have a good flight. Call me when you get there. I love you." He pecks my lips before rushing off, pushing through the hundreds of people crowding the airport.

"I love you, too," I mutter with attitude.

"Flight to London, now boarding."

I take a deep breath. This is it. This will either be the most amazing time with all my old friends or just one big mistake.

~Time skip~

My confidence wavers as I step off the plane. To think that last time I was here I was getting on a plane to LA and leaving my life behind in a fit of tears.

Trying my best to ignore the pain of the past, I march on strongly, only to come to an immediate halt.

There, standing next to Tess and Phil, smile as big as theirs, was the last person I expected to see.

Dan's POV

"Maybe you should've stayed at home," Phil speaks up over the many other voices in the airport as we wait for Y/N's plane to land.

"I'm fine, Phil. I know the truth now. I want to be here."

"You're not the one I'm worried about."

I don't even have time to think, as the plane lands and my heart begins to beat so hard it might beat a hole in my chest.

After maybe ten minutes of waiting, I see the face of the girl I long. A smile instantly bursts onto my face and I just want to run over and sweep her off her feet.

But then she looks over and stops suddenly, a look of fear and confusion plastered on her face.

I realise what Phil meant. It's not me he's worried about. It's her. Leaving hurt her just as much as it hurt me and she still doesn't know that I know the truth. She still doesn't know that I'm fine. And here I am, at the airport to see her return.

She nervously walks towards us, and I watch as Tess opens her arms.

My heart fills with warmth when Y/N begins to run towards her, leaping into her arms and resting her chin on her shoulder.

"Y/N!" Tess screams, her eyes beginning to water. "Oh my gosh, Y/N, I've missed you so much!"

"I missed you, too," Y/N's voice is muffled, but still gives me butterflies. It feels so good to hear that voice again.

She lets go of Tess then turns to Phil, wrapping her short arms around his waist.

"I missed your hugs so much," she sobs into his chest as he rubs her back.

She pulls away and looks at me, sadness in her eyes.

"Hi," she mutters.

"Hi," I manage to choke. "I don't suppose I get a hug too?"

She hesitates for a second before saying, "What the hell," and pulls me into a warm embrace.

I hold onto her tightly, swaying her side to side. The smell of vanilla tickles my nose, making me smile.

I've been wishing this moment for so long that I think I might cry, or begin to attack her with kisses.

"Oh my gosh, Y/N!" Tess squeals, causing Y/N to break the hug and turn her attention back to her. "Is that the ring? You never told me it was so beautiful!"

Y/N sheepishly smiles as Tess grabs her left hand, examining it in awe.

It's then I notice it. There, on her ring finger, is a shiny diamond ring.