19

~Three weeks later~

"Hey, Y/N! Haven't seen you for a while."

I smile at George. George is the nicest of Jason's co-workers. He has beautiful dark skin, brown eyes and nice, thick curls. For a forty year old man, he's really fit and looks to be in his twenties.

"Hi, George. I know, I've missed you. You should join us for dinner soon, so we can catch up. Is Jase in?"

"Yeah, he's in his office. And that sounds like a great idea."

I smile one more time and make my way over to the elevator. I press the button for the third floor and wait for it to stop. I walk down the corridor to office number six. I smile when I hear the music. Jase is always playing music when I come to visit. He says it helps him work. I knock on his door but there's no answer, so I pull out my spare key and open it myself.

The sight I'm greeted with twists my stomach and I feel like I'm going to throw up.

"What the fuck?!" I scream.

Jase turns around in shock as he pushes away his assistant.

"Y/N..."

I look between the two of them and take a step back in horror. "Fuck you, Jase." I take off my ring and throw it at him before I turn around and run down the corridor. When I make it down the the lobby, I feel my stomach lurch. I run to the nearest trash can and throw up.

"Oh my God, Y/N, what happened?" It's George.

"Why go pay Jase a visit and ask why his assistant hasn't brought you his papers yet?"

I don't wait for a reply, instead I storm out.

~Time skip~

"I'm going to kill him," Mark roars.

"Mark, sit down!" Amy orders him. Mark sits down next to her in a huff and the two of them watch me cry.

"It's payback... this is the world's cruel way of telling me I'm a horrible person." I sob.

I look up. Mark and Amy exchange confused looks before turning their attention back to me.

"What are you talking about, hun?" Amy asks softly.

I wipe away my tears and take a deep, long breath. "At Alfie's party, we all got really drunk and I... Dan and I... we slept together."

The room falls silent. I feel myself needing to throw up again and run to the bathroom. After sitting by the toilet for five minutes, I wash my face and walk back out.

"Are you okay?" Mark asks as I sit down.

"I'm fi-" I freeze mid sentence. "What's the date?"

"The October tenth. Why's that?" Amy answers.

"...I'm late."