3

~14th July~

Your POV

Suggy: Hey, Y/N. It's been a while. I was just thinking, we haven't seen each other for a while (except on Youtube and in photos), and I'd love for you to come visit! Si and Josh (Zerk) never stop nagging about you and it's their birthday, and mine, in about two months. What do you think?

I stare down at the text. The only two people from London that I've stayed in contact with has been Phil and Tess, so it was surprising to see something other than a text from them and Twitter notifications.

"Hey, babe, what's going on?" I look up at Jase who walks into the room, going directly to fridge.

"I just got a text from one of my London friends. A friend other than Tess and Phil."

"Really? What does it say?"

"He just wants me to come around for his birthday in September."

Jase stops rummaging and turns his head to look at me. "He?"

"Yeah. Is that okay with you?"

He hesitates before saying, "It's fine, just as long as you don't stay with him."

"Well, I can stay with Tess... shit, no, I can't."

Jase takes out some leftover nachos and puts it on the bench. He walks over to me and rests his large hands on my shoulders.

"What's wrong? Why can't you stay with Tess?"

I cringe and avoid eye contact. "She lives next door to my ex," I reply through gritted teeth.

He just sighs and begins to rub my arms.

"Well, that's a problem." I nod in agreement. "Unless there's another female friend that's single or who's boyfriend doesn't live or stay the night with her, I think you might just have to stay with Tess."

And be right across the hall from my ex who probably hates me and who I still wish I never had to leave, even though I have a new partner that I love with all my heart? Don't think so.

"Maybe," is all I say. I bite my thumb as I think of something to do.

I could just stay home, but that's not fair. I'll give some time to think about it.

"And, babe? I know it's a bit unexpected, but I'd like to take you out tonight." Jason's voice snaps me out of thought.

"What's the occasion?"

He hesitates before replying, "Just want to do something special for you, that's all. Dress nicely." He winks and walks out of the room, taking the nachos with him, and leaving me with a pounding heart.

~Evening~

My black dress dances around my legs in the cool breeze, which has probably blown out all the candles and made our spaghetti cold.

With the sun setting in the background and the sound of waves crashing, this moment couldn't be anymore perfect.

I stare down speechless at Jase, who is down on one knee in the sand, holding a tiny velvet box in the palm of his hand. The box contains a diamond ring with a gold band that sparkles in the small amount of sunshine.

Finally, with a tear falling down my cheek, I speak.

"Yes!"