22

~15th June~

"Congratulations, Miss L/N. It's a boy."

The doctor places the small, fragile baby in my arms. I can barely keep my eyes open, but when I see the beautiful little boy I just gave life to, I begin to tear up. "Hello, James," I whisper as a huge smile spreads across my face.

My head goes dizzy and my consciousness starts to fade. The doctors and nurses voices begin to muffle.

"Take the baby. She's too weak, we might lose her!"

Dan's POV

I sit on a bench alone while Phil and Tess run off to take photos by a fountain. I pull out my phone to look through instagram when someone catches my eye.

A short and thin woman laughs at a tall, muscular man. I can't see her face, but I stare in awe at her H/L H/C hair blowing in the warm breeze. My heart begins to race and ache. The woman turns around and I snap out of my daze. It's not her.

A loud gasp catches my attention. I expect to turn and see a young fan, or perhaps even a small huddle of them. Instead I see Tess covering her mouth in shock, staring down at Phil. He's on one knee and holding a box. He looks up at her with so much love, so much desire and so much joy. Tess nods frantically as Phil slides a shining ring onto her finger. He leaps up, almost falling over and into the fountain, and pulls Tess into a long kiss. Strangers cheer and applaud, some even take photos. They look in my direction with big, goofy grins and I force the most convincing smile I can.

I'm happy for my friends. Happier than I've been since the previous year. But the thought of that being Y/N and I nags me. In fact, it makes me think of her more. Has she met someone else? Is she still living in LA? What is she doing right now?

Your POV

My eyes slowly flutter open. My head pounds along with the beep of the heart-rater. I take in my surrounding. My mum and dad are cuddled up and asleep on the couch. My little brother, Alex, sits by my side holding my hand. And Marylin sits in the armchair in the corner, holding my little boy wrapped up in a blanket.

"Hey, you." My voice is scratchy and very quiet, but Alex hears me and grins.

"Mum! Dad! She's awake!"

My parents jolt awake and rush to my side.

"Hey, honey. How are you feeling?" Mum softly strokes my forehead.

"A little sore, but I'll be okay. What happened?"

Alex tightens his grip on my hand as my parents exchange worried looks. My dad sighs.

"You're very weak, Y/N," he begins. "You almost... died." His voice chokes at the end of his sentence.

My stomach twists and I look over at my baby. Something that small almost killed me? I nod and smile comfortingly at my family. "I'm still here, though. Can I hold him?"

Right on queue, Marylin stands up and brings James over to me. She gently rests him in my arms. I expect him to cry, but he doesn't make a sound. As I kiss him on the head, taking in his amazing baby smell, I burst into tears. I wish your dad was here.