Heart of poison -Sweet dreams-

Ok so i'm seriously sorry that this took such a long time for me to update, I had writers block for a while and I couldn't think of what to do next. So I hope you enjoy this chapter I have to say it's another one of my favourites :)

(Please read note at bottom)

Enjoy! <3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxx –Xenas POV- xxx

I let out a long deep breath and decided that I should leave, after all there was no point in me staying in Nathans house when he wasn’t even here.

I walked to the front door, this time less cautious of how much noise I would make, it wasn’t like there was anyone to disturb. The door opened with a click and I gave the entrance hall one last glance before I turned and embraced the slightly cooler atmosphere and the stench of damp, I still haven’t gotten use to living underground and all the smells. Closing the door behind me, hands in pockets I strolled onto the pavement and looking in the direction of my house I felt it best to stop off at the convenience store before I headed back to my broken best friend.

I made a swift turn right and felt for the money in my pocket, I had planned to buy a big tub of Ben and jerry’s ice cream that me and Rosie could scoff down later, I figured she’d still be there sobbing on my bed.

I took lazy uncaring steps as I took in everything around me, the buildings, the sound of people ahead having a conversation about who knows what and the distant sound of life up on the surface. I had walked past most of the estates and houses now and was moving closer to the high rise buildings and shops ahead. The air was still, stiller that usual and the voices ahead had now stopped, eerie silence took over and I scanned around me, whilst walking I did a slow 360 degree circle, watching for anything that even slightly rustled. The road was empty.

Deeming it safe I twisted around and came face to face with a very lanky, very irritating and very familiar face, Axel. I groaned internally upon seeing him before me and didn't even try to put on a polite smile as he grinned down at me. His short dirty blonde hair was pulled away from his face as usual and was slicked back with what looked like an entire tub of hair gel. Ew, just ew. His beady pale blue eyes stared at me from under a blanket of mischievousness as he looked me up and down, assessing me.

I had never liked Axel, even before I really knew him, he just gave off that aura that made you just want to shout “leave me alone you psychopath!”  Every time you saw his face. When Nathan had first introduced us of course I was polite, but I can only be nice to someone as annoying as him for a certain amount of time before I want to punch him square in the face. He would always just latch onto me whenever I was near and follow me, like I was some kind of toy that he just had to have. A toy that by the look in his eyes, he would break. It was the way he stared, as if evaluating me, like he knew something was different. I was just like everyone else so I don't see what his problem is.

I forced a believable smile and began to carry on walking to the shop hoping he wouldn’t want to engage in conversation. You see I had been trying to avoid this slimy snake of a man for a while now and up until this point I had carefully trained my nose to pick up his particular scent, so I could avoid him at all costs.

“Hey Xeny poos!” I sighed agitated and glared at the pavement ahead as he used the nickname he constantly called me, I mean “Xeny poos” really?

“Where have you been hiding eh? Not avoiding me are ya? He snorted at his own joke, if only he knew. I huffed realising I would just have to speak to him and turned to face him.

“Hey Axel, of course I’m not avoiding you, I couldn't if I tried” and I really, really tried. He chuckled and his wandering eyes sent shivers up my spine and made me tense uncomfortably.