1.

CRAY CRAY FAMILY

"Aviam te placere ostendam, non opus est loqui tecum" I said,closing my eyes tight and repeating each words with strong faith.
Feeling a presence in front of me, I open my eyes immediately to see my late grandmother in front of me.

"What is it,child?"she asked. "I've warned you to not summon me to the land of the living unless it's important."

"But it is,Grandmother. I miss you." I pout.

She rolls her eyes and bless me with a smile.

"You know mother hates me and, Ariana,well Ariana always suck up to mother and that's why she's mother's favourite." I continued.

"I understand, my child but instead of summoning me here every time you feel down,practice your magic. I can sense from the realm of the dead that your powers are becoming stronger but you need to keep practicing."

"Yes Grandmother."

"Now I have to go and please try not to disturb my rest again."

With that, she disappears. I sigh and close my eyes muttering words and with the flick of my fingers ,all my curtains dropped and my light switched off. I smiled at myself.

Okay so don't be scared and yes,you guessed right. I'm a witch.

So my name is Ariel sandavol and I'm a witch,a real I can place a curse in you and kill your whole family ,witch.

My Grandmother Iris and her sister were both witches but her sister didn't live very long. When grandmother gave birth to mom,some of her powers were transfered to mom. That's how it works,from one generation to another.

But my case was different because of Ariana. We are twins.
So on the day of the ritual where mothers powers would be transfered to one of us,something terrible happened. I don't know how grandmother and my other ancestors did it but they summoned the powers of grandmother's late sister and the powers possessed dad.

They didn't want to have to transfer powers to just one of us but I guess the spirits were upset that they tried to manipulate fate. Dad was to transfer his powers to me and mom to Ariana but the gods chose just me.
When the ritual wasn't working,they decided to transfer both mom's power into dad so they could try Chanel it to Ariana and I but dad's body was too weak to carry something as powerful as the powers of three witches together so the gods channeled the powers to me and dad died immediately the rituals was complete.

Although we were babies then,mom hated me so that's the origin of her hatred for me. She thinks dad is dead because of me,she lost her powers because of me and Ariana has no powers still because of me.

"Oh my gosh,Ariel. You have got to wake up now." Ariana shakes me roughly. Why can't I get undisturbed sleep in this house.

"Go away, Ari. I don't have class today." I grumbled.
Beloved mother got us separate rooms cause she doesn't want me spoiling Ariana. So funny cause we're twenty years old and she still treats my twin like she's sixteen.

"It's not about your class. Mom's at it again. She came home drunk again last night and this morning,she cut her arm with a knife and she's been bleeding."

I jump off the bed immediately. Mom's been known to self destruct and it doesn't get better each time, she's a sadist.
   Rushing to mom's room,I kneel beside her limp form on the bed.

"I gave her sedatives earlier."Ariana whispers.
I nod and take a deep breath. Placing my both hands over the wound I shut my eyes tight.

"Ut curari ne queas. Ut curari ne queas. Sana. Sana. Sana." I breathe.

A green light appears on mom's arm and the injury disappeared.
Standing up,I sigh and drag the sobbing Ariana to my room.

"When will mom stop doing this to herself?"she sobs.

"I've told you before,we need to take mom to a psychiatric hospital so they can treat her."

She removed her head from my shoulder to look at me. "We can't send mom to that awful place. It would only make her worse ."
I roll my eyes at her,the same conversation everyday.

"Fine but I'm calling Aunt Deniara."
Aunt Deniara is dad's younger sister and she has always been here for us and she can handle mom very well. I suspect aunt Deniara is a witch but who knows?she has denied it every time I asked her.

I take my phone from my bedside table and dial her number. She picks on the first ring and I tell everything that's been going on. She promised to come before nightfall then hung up.

I get up and start sorting out my day's outfit. After so much contemplation, I finally decided on black jeans,a red tube and a black leather jacket with black boots. Don't ask me,once you go black you can never go back.

"Where are you going to,Ari?"Ariana asked.

"I'm going to see a movie with Quinn. What's up?"

"Can I come along?I don't want to stay home alone with mom. I'll even bring Steph so I won't bother you guys."

Unlike Ariana the miss goody two shoes,she dedicates her time to either study or stay home and take care of mother however,when she does go out,its to her best friend Stephanie's place where they drink juice and do assignments or watch Disney and Nickelodeon. She has never tasted alcohol,never been kissed,had a boyfriend once when we were in our fourth year in high school.

I on the other hand,I'm the perfect definition of a wild child. Anywhere there's a party with booze, Quinn and I must be there. Instead of watching Disney and Nickelodeon, we watch real Action flicks and we hate on everyone, mock everyone and reject every guy besides one guy;MAX. She's my bestie for life.

"Fine Ari. Bring Steph along and get ready for some fun." I smirk and she roll her gorgeous big blue eyeballs and get up. I'm going to show her and her boring bff the true def of F.U.N and thank goodness I have my other half with me,my partner in crime.

A/N; Hey guys!!!so it's another Karen Osaghae's production. I have to tell you,almost everything written here is fiction so don't freak out but enjoy.
I love you all. Don't forget to vote and comment......
#Barbz

This is what I picture Ariel and Ariana to look in my head!