16.

A TWIST

Author's POV

Dimari walked around Max's house, with a pang of envy in his heart. Although he was a spirit in a human form,he still recked of greed and envy. He wanted all that Max had,most especially Ariel. He'd fallen in love with Ariel the very moment she opened her mouth and said the first word to him but he hadn't an idea as to how to approach her. Her beauty,her voice filled with humor and sarcasm, her eyes that held pure sincerity, her personality were undeniably seductive and he had succumbed to that seduction.

She possessed what he liked to call TGIB( talent,intelligence, grace and beauty).

So while others were downstairs celebrating Max birthday, Dimari snuck upstairs to vent his envy on anything related to Max. Max's house was big,beautiful and so modern. A house any man would dream of having. The most interesting part of the house is the windows.
The windows took up entire walls with only polished steel beams to break them into yet more rectangles. They were huge and seemingly inspired by something truly alien. Anyone could see into the house from an uncomfortable distance. The walls were fashionable shades of white and the floor polished concrete.

He was about entering a room but stopped when he heard voices. Reciting a spell that made him invincible, he entered the room.

©®

The drunk Ariana was seated on a king size bed almost crying her eyes out while Stephanie was convincing her to drink water. She finally agreed to the water and after gulping half the glass of water,she ran a hand through her hair and sighed.

"Look at him,Steph. He's so handsome and rich." Ariana said.

Steph hissed. "Shut up,Ari. I'm done with this madness. You know your sister is in love with him. Get your head straight."

"No I can't. I love him. My sister is always getting the good things. I need a good thing in my life too. Besides,I liked Max even before she ever noticed him. Take a look at his mansion. Girlfriend, the guy is powerful. If only there was a way to get him to like me." She sighed again.

"So you like him only cause of his wealth." Steph said.

"There is a way." They heard a voice say.

Instantly, their heads took a turn,looking for the owner of the voice. Dimari came out of his invincibility with a smug smile on his face.

"Dimari." Ariana gasped.

Steph rolled her eyes. "You've been listening in on our conversation? Dude,you do know that's rude and unacceptable right?"

His eyes narrowed into slits. "Do you want to keep blabbing or hear me out?"

"Speak."Ariana quickly said.

"Very good. Now,with just a spell,Max can be all yours tonight and forever. You just have to do as I say. Get it?"

She nodded and Steph spoke up out of annoyance and disgust. "Are you stupid or something? Aren't you suppose to be Ariel's guardian? Why are you supporting Ariana in this madness?"

Dimari ignored her and continued. With a spell he chanted,two cookies appeared on a platter on the bedside table. "You'll give one of this cookie to Max and you'll eat the other. That is,after performing a small tiny ritual."

"Me?" Asked Ariana a little confused.

He smirked . "Did you really think that not even a little of your ancestors powers transferred to you? You my dear Ariana, is also a witch. But don't get too happy cause your powers are not strong. They are even lesser than basics."

"What?" Ari and Steph screamed in unison,exchanging looks.

He feigned boredom. "Listen,I don't really have time for your girly squeals." He wrote down some words on a paper then handed it to her. "Hope your Spanish is good cause you're gonna be reciting these spells in Spanish. Take a deep breath,close your eyes, rid your mind off  your surrounding and channel your focus to your inner energy deep down. Now,recite the words."

Ariana did as was told and a small light illuminated from her stomach and vanished almost as soon as it came.

A deep and loud laughter erupted from Dimari's throat while he clapped his hands. "Good girl. Stage one completed. Now light this red candle and take that red string in your hand." He quickly wrote down another set of words on another paper and gave it to her. "After reciting this spell,tie seven knots and the string should be placed under your pillow either here or at your house. Give Max the cookie tonight and wait for your spell to manifest. Got it?"

"Yeah." She breathed.

With that ,dimari vanished again. Stephanie gave her best friend a quizzical look. "You aren't really going to do that, are you?"

"What do you care?"she hissed.

"Both you and Ariel are my best friends and I won't watch my best friends go to war cause of a guy,most especially when it's your fault."

"Then you won't watch."

"What do you mean?" Steph asked confused.

Ariana stared deep into Stephanie's eyes, her spirit conversing with that of stephs'. Then with a whisper, "obliviscatur (forget)" Steph jerked up and walked down the stairs without blinking an eye lid.

Preparing the items like Dimari asked her to,Ariana recited the words ," En nombre de Venus,Aphrodite, Erzulie, deja que Maxiliamo Alfonso se enamore apasionadamente de mi. Que los labios de Max Alfonso me crucen. Que el corazón de Max Alfonso se enfurezca por mí. Usando esta galleta,para coman y nunca me quiten los ojos de encima. ( on behalf of Venus, Aphrodite, Erzulie, let Maxiliamo Alfonso fall passionately in love with me. May the lips of Max Alfonso long for me. May the heart of Max Alfonso be in flamed for me. Using this cookie,may he eat and never get his eyes off me.) As she recited the spell,she tied the seven knots. When she finished,she adjusted her dress,put on her best smile and strode purposefully down the stairs. She quickly located Max then handed over one cookie to him and watched as he bit into it and chewed.

A/N; SO UHMMMMM, DAMN ARIANA RIGHT? BETRAYAL IS A THING NOT EVEN U NOR I CAN ESCAPE.... SO GUYS!!!! MERRY XMAS!!!!!! I WISH YOU LOVE,JOY ,HAPPINESS,PEACE AND A MERRY HEART AS YOU CELEBRATE THE BIRTH OF CHRIST... AND HERE IS A CHAPTER AS PROMISED....HOPE YOU LIKE IT? PLZ DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT..... LOVE Y'ALL

#BARBZ CARES

A/N; SO I UPDATED TWO CHAPTERS IN TWO DAYS......AM I A DARLING OR WHAT?
SO FAM,WE ARE GOING TO BE SEEING A WHOLE OF SPELLS IN THE CHAPTERS COMING SO BRACE YOURSELVES COZ IT'S GONNA BE SPELLS LIKE NEVER BEFORE. AFTER ALL,THEY ARE WITCHES...