19.

CAN IT GET ANY WORSE?

ARIEL'S POV

The need to cry,the urge to shout and the impulsion to hang myself with a rope was what made me realize I was still alive and was what helped me survive the worst week of my life.

A week had gone by since Ariana's betrayal and I've spent the entire week holed up in the spare room Steph had let me stay in,hiding from my friends and the world in general. Words can't describe the kind of pain I feel. Both emotionally and physically. I feel as though I'm ready to leave this earth. What else and who else am I living for? I've lost my sister and I've lost the only guy I've ever loved in my life. So what else?

After I left the party that night,Steph drove me to her place after which i opened back her memory. I've been meaning to return Max's car back to him,that is,the one he gave me but I still can't bring myself to face him. Quinn has been coming to visit that is,until she fell ill and was admitted in the hospital but thankfully was released two days after. Even at that, I still didn't leave my room to go see her. I can't face the world,they would mock my pain. I don't know how long I'll spend locked up here,but I'm willing to try.

The blaring of my phone makes me jump from the bed,startling me. Taking a glance at the caller ID ,I feel reluctant to answer. What do Quinn's parents want? Hesitantly, I slide the green icon and put the phone on my ear.

"Good day,Mrs Mcloren." I say dryly.

"I know you're going through a lot,Ariel but please, we need you. Quinn is not waking up." She sobbed.

Every sadness and pain I've been feeling vanished from my system. "What? What do you mean she's not waking up?"

"I don't know,Ariel."

"But I thought the doctors discharged her because she was all better. What went wrong?"

"I wish I can tell you but I really don't know. I guess it's time you intervene. Could you please come?"

"Sure. I'm on my way." I hung up. I quickly jump to my feet ,rushing to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I guess time has come for me to be responsible once again. While I was locked up, whining and being sober,my best friend was dying and I didn't even know. How pathetic could I be?

After dressing up, I put together some necessary item in my bag and practically race out the door. I drove like a mad woman in labour glad the road was free so no one could give me a ticket.

Π×∆

Quinn looked ashen. Even worst, Anemic. She doesn't look like my best friend that is so full of life,full of fun. Uncontrollable tears spiralled down my cheek. I don't want to loose my best friend too. She's literally all I have right now and I don't think i can take it if she leaves me too.

Mr Mcloren came closer to me. I could see fear in his eyes. If anything should happen to Quinn, they would practically kill themselves thinking it's their fault. They don't really spend time with her so they'll die of guilt.

"She has been this way since yesterday. Not moved an inch. We thought the doctors could handle it but they proclaimed her literally dead this morning. They said if they do not know what's wrong with her,they can't cure her." He said.

My best friend can't die, she can't leave me. "I'm sorry ,bes. I'm sorry for not taking care of you. I'm sorry for wallowing in self pity when I was suppose to be here for you. But I'm here now,Q. Please wake up. We can fight them together, please. I'll totally give up if you do. You know I can't face this life on my own. You promised you wouldn't leave me like Ariana did. You promised. Wake up. Wake up." I yelled crying ,my shoulders shaking violently. Can life get any worse? Why are all these happening to me? Where have I gone wrong?

"Mr McLoren,I'm gonna use magic now. Do you mind?" I ask her dad,finally gathering the courage to be strong and stop crying.

"Call me Dad,Ariel. yes,go ahead and do whatever."

I nod completely weak. He led me to an empty storage room in the massive mansion. The room was totally empty and cemented not tiled. I instruct him get Quinn while I brought out my instruments from my bag. I start by drawing a circle with a pentagram in it and light three red candles which I kept around the circled. Then I move to another corner and make a circle with six white candles. In the center,I add a bay leaf (also called Laurel) and sandalwood incense cone.

Mr Mcloren comes back carrying Quinn and Mrs Mcloren standing beside him. Using magic,my chanted spell lifts her from her father's arm into the air and gently place her in the circle which had the pentagram.

In the light of the six white candles,I start reciting in a slow and deep voice,like a whisper, "Puede la salud de Quinn Mcloren mejorar. Escucha mis palabras y escucha mi oración. Libérale de su enfermedad. Que asi sea. (May the health of Quinn Mcloren improve. Hear my words and hear my prayer,libérale of their disease. So be it.)" Burning the cone,I absorb their aroma and let my mind drift to Quinn. All the fun times we've had together. The tears came rushing back.

I can't do this. I can't. Please wake up girlfriend. Please. I could feel her parents eyes peering into my back. I sniffed and tried composing myself for the second time again before moving from the circle of fire to the other circle where Quinn laid.

Closing my eyes,I concentrate on her,placing my palm on her forehead and the other on her stomach.

"Gran dios de Apollo dios de la medicina y la curación escucha la oración de este siervo. Cúrala oh dios de la medicina. Tocarla y sacar la enfermedad. Hacer que ezté bien con su toque de limpieza. Cúrela. Hacerla sanar.(Great god of Apollo,god of medicine and healing, hear this servant's prayer. Heal her oh god of medicine. Touch her and pull the sickness out. Make her well with your cleansing touch. Heal her. Make her well.)" My mind drifts back to all our memories. We've been best friends for twelve years and we've never left each other's side for a bit.

"I love you,best friend." I whisper then proceed to putting off the candle when I heard a cough accompanied by a loud sneeze then a scream from behind.

"You did it. She's awake. My princess is awake." I heard Mrs Mcloren scream amidst sobs. At that moment, my eyes felt too heavy to look down.

"What happened?" The sweetest voice ever asked.

I slowly drag my eyes down to meet hers,locking our gaze. My tears and sorrow quickly got replaced by a huge smirk. "Welcome back to life,Q."

A/N;AT TIMES,I WONDER WHY Y'ALL STILL STICK BY ME. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST OF THE BEST.....
IF YOU'VE READ MY FIRST WORK,YOU'LL KNOW THAT I DO PROMOTE BEST FRIENDSHIP...YEAH YEAH....YOU'LL STILL SEE THAT IN MY OTHER BOOKS TO COME...IMAGINE A WORLD WITHOUT BESTIES!!!! UNBEARABLE😎

PLEASE DO VOTE AND/OR COMMENT AS IT ENCOURAGES US WRITERS.

#BARBZ CARES!