21.

THE BATTLE 1.

Preparation for my birthday was going as planned. The first birthday without Ariana. Over the last year,I've learnt to keep my feelings aside and my magic strong. As one grow older,you get to realize that some things aren't worth stressing over. People come and go in life,it's just the nature of things,nothing personal.

I've also gotten to realize that rejection is not the end of the world. When you are rejected, get back up on your feet and show them you are ten times better without them than you ever were with them. Show them what they've lost. This year is gonna be my year,my crazy 21.

Because I've been hurt,pushed to the wall,and rejected doesn't mean I get to stop being who I am. It doesn't mean I get to stop loving and caring and being nice. My pain made me stronger and wiser.

"The cake has arrived." Quinn announced from the patio.

"Be right there." I yelled back.

Since Steph's house was a little on the small side and I didn't want to bother Quinn's parent, I decided to use the Macaspac Mansion (the place Dimari and i practice Magic). The place is abandoned and no one has any claim to it so we girls cleaned up the place and still doing some decorations.

  After the awkward moment Dimari and I shared the previous year,I chose to not let things get more awkward and just let the kiss slide. With his help and my determination,my magic grew more than I expected. I invited him for the party,don't know if he'll make it or not. I haven't spoken to grams since the Erina incident. I've been summoning but she has never answered.

Just then, Quinn showed up beside me looking tired and messy.

"You said 'be right there' ". She quotes me.

"I'm sorry. Was caught up in my thoughts."

She gave me a knowing look. "Ariana?"

I nod my head.

"Come on,girlfriend. Go shower. Guests would soon start arriving."

"What about you?"I asked her.

"Steph and I are going to get ready now. Your cake is a witch themed. It's so beautiful, you'll love it."

I smiled at her,not genuinely tho, but it's still a smile. I don't feel too good.

    ***              ***               ***             ***

Finished bathing, I get dressed in a black off shoulder body con dress. Knee length with a short slit at the side. The dress clung to my shape like a breastfeeding child clings to the mother's breast. I saved for a while to buy that dress from fashion nova. I paired the dress with a red strap block heel. When Quinn and Steph were done with their make up, they came to help with mine. Quinn was in charge of my face while Steph did my hair. The way Q contoured my face ,I looked unrecognizable but in a good way. She gave me a smoky eye and glitters on my eyes. My bronzer shined in the dark.

Steph parked my hair in a middle tight bun and wore me round earrings like khloe kardashian. All in all, I looked perfect.

Quinn got dressed in a red long dress with slit on both sides running to her thighs and paired it with a black pencil heel. The hand of the dress was long and had a bit of puff at the end elastic. Steph wore a sleeveless dress,above the knee, paired with a long black kimono jacket and black heels. We were all on deep red lipstick.

There was a knock on the door followed by the creaking sound of it opening. One of the ladies I employed to help with the party entered the room. "Your guests have arrived and more are still on their way. They are asking of you."

"Thanks." I told her and she left.

I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time. " you can do this." I muttered to myself. Taking a deep breath,with the girls beside me,we walk out the room and down the stairs with as much grace and poise as a person could endure.

As soon as the guests saw me approaching, they all moved closer,each with a gift in their hand and smile on their face to Greet me.

"Happy birthday, Te amor." Dimari said.

"Thanks." I smile at him.

"Happy birthday, friend." Grace,my course mate Said.

"Thanks girl. You look good." I replied

"Not as radiant as you." She said, I smiled.

Quinn's mom,alongside steph's mom also came to greet me. Quinn and Steph were assisting me in collecting the gifts.  I've never received as much gifts. Soon after the others were done greeting me, the DJ started playing danceable songs. We all got dancing ,some were drinking, others in pairs or group,talking. I made the party responsible 'cause parents were also there. It was a classic party.

We got to the middle of the party,the DJ switched the playlist to slow love songs. It reminded me of max. Looking around, my eyes met with that of Dimari. He gave me a knowing look and started walking towards me but before he could reach me, I grabbed Quinn's arm and dragged her to the middle of the dance floor leaving Steph to dance with Maria, another of my course mate. Steph has been gloomy since the party started. This was also her first party without Ariana since she met her. Ariana was everything to her. Ari hurt everyone, not just me. I'm sure mother would be proud of her since destroying me has been her only good since I was born.

  We were in the middle of dancing perfect duet by Ed sheeran when all the dim lights went off ,the music went off ,the hair on my neck went up and a scream went loud.

Someone grabbed my arm,dragging me with force. I had no idea who it was. The only thing registered on my brain was FEAR!and TERROR! My brain stopped working as the arm dragged me upstairs to my room.

A/N; SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. EXAMS ARE FAST APPROACHING SO I DON'T REALLY HAVE TIME TO WRITE AND ISSH. SO SORRY MY LOVERS.... WELL THIS IS ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!HOPE YOU LIKE? DO VOTE AND COMMENT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF IT.

QUESTION OF THE DAY,WAT DO YOU THINK ENTERED THE ROOM AND WHO DO YOU THINK GRABBED ARIEL'S HAND? PLEASE DO TYPE YOUR ANSWERS....

#BARBZ_CARES!