10

PROTECTION PROTECTOR

"What the hell,Ari? have you seen the tabloids this morning?" Steph ask.

I turn my attention to her.

"It's in a frenzy. Seems like someone has been having fun and keeping the details to herself." Quinn nudge my arm,a habit she's use to.

We were having breakfast at Quinn's, Steph and Ariana came to join us. It's Saturday so no school and a beautiful day to relax.

"What's going on,Ariel?" Ariana ask,an innocent look plastered on her face. Stephanie click on the tablet and hands it to Ariana and I. It's a blog with the headline;

       "MAX ALFONSO STILL INTO HIS WOMANIZING WAYS!!"

I roll my eyes,that was expected. Bloggers won't just shut up and mind their business, though I saw it coming. There were other headlines alongside our pictures,going into the restaurant and leaving the restaurant but one particular caption got my attention.

     "HIP HOP ARTIST MAXILIAMO ALFONSO SEEN WITH TWO DIFFERENT GIRLS ON THE SAME NIGHT AND AFTER HE WAS SEEN A WEEK BEFORE LEAVING THE HOTEL WITH THE A-LIST MODEL,SANTANA."

What -the- fuck?

Didn't Max go home after dropping Me off last night? I tap on the it and the full story opens.

   "The famous Hip Hop artist Maxilamo Alfonso was seen with two different ladies at different times last night just few days after he was seen leaving the hotel at an ungodly hour hand in hand with the A-list model,'Santana Rodriguez'. They were rumored to have been in a relationship but it's not yet confirmed. It's not a surprise given the multimillionaire womanizing history. Young,rich and wild...................."

I couldn't continue reading,my eyes burned with tears threatening to flow. I had to blink them back,he lied to me. He told me he had changed, for me and for himself. We are just a day old and he's already cheating!!

What-the-actual-fuck?

Quinn put an arm around me,"Are you okay,girlfriend?"

I nod. "So Max and I are dating now and we went out yesterday to celebrate it. End of story."

"You're dating Max Alfonso?" Ariana asked,looking at me wide-eyed in disbelief.

I nod again,absentminded. Could this be Erina's curse? Why is this happening to me? Finishing my cup of tea,i get up. I have a meeting with Dimari,the protector guy. My training begins today and I'm excited to get started. I'm finally going to learn both black magic and white magic.

My mind drifts back to Max, could this be over before it even started? He hasn't even called this morning to check up on me. How could he do this to me? It sucks to be me!

Quinn snaps her finger in my face bringing me out of my thoughts. "I was asking if you want me to go with you." She said.

I shrug. "If you want to."

She carry her purse and follow me out the door. Dimari asked me to meet him at a rejected estate after the bridge of the school building, inside the woods. The Estate belonged to an Ancient European couple but the story has it that they fled the house and country saying the house was haunted. No one knows if its true neither has anyone heard from the couple again.

Am I scared going there? No!
When has horror ever scared me! We got into the car as Quinn took over the wheels, driving roughly and recklessly, expecting me to complain but my mind is so far away so I didn't utter any word. The ringing of my phone interrupted my thoughts and when I looked down at it on my lap and saw it was Max, I hissed and silenced it.

Quinn got us there safely regardless of her reckless driving. We got down and looking around gave me this chill inside which made me shiver. She held my hand and asked;

"Ready?"

I nod. "As ready as I'll ever be."

We walked to the entrance of the house and was met by a gigantic ancient double wooden door covered in dust. Okay this place really do look spooky.

"Abierto"(open). I say but nothing happens.

"Abierto" I repeat . still nothing ,then I hear a voice from behind me say;

"It won't obey you. You don't talk to it like it's your paddy. It is your subject,talk to it as your subject,order it. Be authoritative."

I quickly look back and see Dimari resting his back against the wall,looking sexy and breathtaking. I nod and swallow, clearing my throat.

"ABIERTO." I say in a low but authoritative tone and the door immediately opened.

"And the lessons begin."Quinn whispered in my ear.

The inside of the house was so dusty and unkept. Items,especially books were scattered everywhere.

"Why did you have to choose this place of all places to train me?" I angrily ask Dimari.

"Chill babe. This place has it's own history and it is linked to yours."

"What?"

"Don't worry babe,with time,you'll find out all you need to know. Now,let's get started."

I roll my eyes at him. "Quit calling me babe." He Act like he didn't hear me and went about his business. He has a lot of pride and it's frustrating and energy draining. Couldn't grandmother have sent someone more humble?

Quinn has been going around checking the things out even though they were covered in dust. Dimari said something in Latin ,a spell I guess and the whole house cleaned up itself.

     Impressive. I smirk.

I take my seat beside Quinn with him hovering over us as the lessons begin.

"We are taking everything step by step. One thing you must learn in magic is that, it is patience. Today I'll be training you on black magic. Black magic refers to those acts in magic liturgy whose nature,methods or purposes are not commonly accepted by the society in which they take place.

"Black magic is a spell and is defined as the alleged realization of curses designed to cause Misfortune ,sickness or any other form of harm. It is used as an antonym to white magic."

A/N; YEAH YEAH........WHAT'S GOING ON WITH MAX AND ARIEL? READ ON TO THE NEXT CHAPTER TO FIND OUT!!!HOPE THIS CHAPTER WAS TO YOUR LIKING?

#BARBZ!