8.

DIMARI

Fathers words troubled me all through the night to the morning till now , even as I was waiting by Quinn's car in the school's parking lot for Ariana so we could go home.

Why would he tell me to not hurt my my enemy? What did he mean ? My head hurts just trying to figure out all these.

"Quit thinking about it,girlfriend." Quinn said.

I looked at her," when did you become a witch? How did you know I was thinking about Father?"

She laughed, " I know you. You won't let this go until you find the meaning behind your father's words."

"You know me too well. What do you suggest I do?"

"Speaking as a third party who has little or zero interest in the matter, I suggest you summon your grams and ask her."

"No....... Can't summon grandmother for now. She needs to rest else she won't come."

"Then you ain't desperate enough."

"I am but I think I should just let it go and focus on the curse instead."

She shrugged. " you're the witch here, you call the shots."

I laugh and retreat back to my thoughts.
All along, I've been worried about Erina's curse that I didn't stop for a moment to figure if the curse was really real or something she cooked up to scare me into giving her my powers.

Everyone has been acting cool when Ariana is around, surprisingly, even Mother hasn't told her anything about the curse. My sister is my life ,my source of happiness and I'll die if Erina or anyone hurts her to punish me.

"Hey Chica, check out that hot dude." Quinn bumped my shoulder with her fist to get my attention. My head instantly turned to the direction of the main entrance and My eyes beheld one of the most gorgeous ,awesome looking guys I've ever seen. He's tall,hunky,gorgeous, he even has long black lashes like a girl. He had shiny blond locks was sexily disheveled and his icy blue eyes glittered sexily.

He was dressed in worn jeans, white T-shirt and boots and the interesting part was, he's been standing in front of me all these while and I didn't notice cause I was staring. Quinn nudged my shoulder, I raised my gaze to meet his.

"You were carried away. My name is Dimari." He said.

"Oh sorry. I'm Ariel and this is my best friend, Quinn." Quinn said hi." Are you new here?" I added.

He laughed, his laughter full of life and excitement. " I'm your protector, Ariel. Your grandmother sent me."

Quinn and I gasped in shock.

"Don't be shocked. Spirits in human form could also be good looking."

Quinn giggled.

"Forgive my manners. The parking lot isn't exactly the best place to have this kind of convo so if you don't mind, can we take it home?"

"I'll locate you later, I have some matters to attend to . laters, doll face." With that he left.

Why do everyone call me doll face? Even Erina calls me doll face.

"Oh my gee,Ariel. Your protector is fucking handsome. Thank goodness I'm single." Quinn chirped happily.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut it,Q. Come on,we need to leave. Max said he'll be meeting us at your place and I can't wait for Ariana anymore."

"I smell trouble.......".

"I don't really know, today may be the last time i see him." She hugs me and we enter the car.

Meeting Max has me so scared to my bones cause I really do like him and his opinion of me, matters to me. But if after hearing me out and still decides that he's through with me,I won't argue with him. Maybe if we stay apart,Erina's curse won't become a reality. Gosh,I curse ever being a witch. If being a witch is only going to make me bitter and lonely,why don't I just give it to Erina? I don't want to loose Max, it's gonna hurt like hell.

***********

Getting to Quinn's place,Max's' car was already parked in her driveway. I swallowed the lump of saliva that has been in my throat out of nervousness. Quinn,sensing my nervousness, takes my hand on hers and squeeze as a sign of support. We got down and walked over to his.

On getting there,he got down to hug Quinn then laced his fingers with mine as we walked into the house. Okay that's a good sign right? Quinn excused us in the living room to go get drinks and also to make sure none of the maids were close by so as not to eavesdrop on my conversation.

Surprisingly, he sat close to me ,our fingers still laced together . I was really scared to look into his eyes,scared to know what I'll see there.

"I've missed you,Ariel." He whispered,smiling down at me.

Okay this isn't going how I imagined.

"Before you judge me,let me explain what's going on."

"I'm not judging you ,babe. But I still would like you to explain though cause I'm sort of lost." He said.

I took a deep breath to steady my racing heartbeat.
"Okay, I'm a witch. I have magical powers and its been in my family from the beginning of the earth. I was chosen by goddess Aphrodite to be her maiden and Ariana is not a witch. I am the only chosen one." My eyes were down all through. I couldn't dare face him.

"Why wasn't Ariana chosen?"

"Well, the gods choose just one person."

"So what happened to her the other day?"

"She was possessed by an evil witch. Her name is Erina. She wanted to get to me so she used my sister because Ariana is my weakness."

"What did she want from you?"

"She said she was the chosen one before I was born,that I stole her throne and she wants me to surrender my powers to her else she'll hurt you and Ariana and all the people I love. She knows my weakness."

"Y-you love me?" He stammered like he wasn't expecting to hear that and I'm not willing to tell him now.

Just then,my saving grace ,Quinn came in with two packets of orange juice and cookies. She placed them on a stool beside us and left again. Max lifted my chin up,using his fingers and looked into my eyes.

"Listen to me babe, I will never judge you. In short, I'm proud of you ,you are my very own personal witch and that bitchy witch can never take me away from you."

"What are you saying?" I asked nervously.

"I'm saying I'm all yours. I'm saying I'm in love with you. I'm saying I want you to be my girlfriend."