5

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚: 𝙬𝙞𝙛𝙞 𝙘𝙤𝙙𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙛𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙧𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

"A family meal? With the Simpsons?" I repeat my mom's statement with surprise. I'd been hoping all day at school that my mom would say no to letting me stay at the Simpsons' accommodation because she didn't know them and nor did I, really.

"Yes," my mom states proudly. "What a better way to meet the people your going to stay with for god knows how long than over a meal at their house?"

"Mom," I whine. "I don't want to live with them!"

"Too bad! I don't want your grades to slack and this is worth sixty percent of your year's grade!" My mother scolds at me and I hold back an eye roll at her gullibility. I would tell her it was a fake project but I'm determined to win this bet and if I tell her it's fake, I lose. "Now, go to your room and get changed—we leave in half an hour."

Great. I knew there was no way my mom was going to be persuaded by the likes of me in this situation, but that doesn't stop me.

"But mom, you're going to be alone for a long time," I try and reason with her. "And that's not fair."

"Don't worry about me, sweetheart," my mom replies and I sigh before going to my room.

Of course, whilst I was at school, my mom had packed my things already and left me a dress for me to wear. It was black and flows past the torso that clung to me tightly, ending just above me knees. Anyone would think my mother wants me to go.

I straighten my hair and apply a thin layer of makeup to cover up my many imperfections. I don't get much beauty sleep, clearly.

"Are you ready?" My mom shouts from the other side of the door and I grab all my belongings and open the door. "You look amazing, sweetheart."

"I always do." I reply and we walk out of the apartment, the smooth sound of my suit cause rolling across the floor being the only noise we hear.

Once our taxi arrives, I put my bags in the trunk and then climb into the back—Brad's parents had ordered an Uber for us. Soon, we arrive and I grab my bags and the taxi leaves, following my mom up the stairs to the house.

And so it begins.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Brad's mom had welcomed me with a hug and his dad took my suitcases to the bedroom I'd be staying in. It was undeniable that his house was huge.

"Hey, sweetie!" His mom smiles at me. "I'm Anne, and I can't wait to have you staying here!"

"Tas," I mumble in reply, causing my mom to give me a glare. Be polite, she mouthed discreetly.

"Our daughter couldn't make it because of college," Anne tells us both as we walk into the lounge. "But she'll hopefully join us in the future. Her name's Nat, I'm sure you'll get along perfectly!"

"Awesome." I force a smile, and we make our way to the front room and sit down.

"I'll go get Brad," Anne says, and she seemed tired. "Dinner will be ready soon!"

"Thank you, Mrs. Simpson," my mom says and I lay back on the plush, leather sofas. "This place seems. . . expensive." She then turns to me. "And if I get a call from Anne saying you're doing anything out of line, we will be having words. Especially after what happened with—"