Chapter 28: Her Confession

DISCLAIMER: STILL DON'T OWN NARUTO, BUT I DO OWN THIS BEAUTIFUL STORY OF MINE!!!

Sakura Gif

Pacify Her by Melanie Martinez

Chapter 28: Her Confession
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Third POV
Back in the room with the Kages, the people residing still stand with shock. They all take in the new information that Madara have them, the Fourth Shinobi War.

Declaring such a thing is ludicrous, outlandish, and not to mention, impossible. But if there's someone who would say that and actually mean it, it's the very own Madara Uchiha.

It's no bluff.

He had declared the start of the Fourth War.

"This is how your selection, Danzo, behaves? The question of who will lead the Shinobi Alliance is still up in the air! Are they any who are qualified among the current Kages? You were the one who was talking trash about us Kage, Mifune," Onoki speculates.

The other Kage stand in silence, shocked that the Tsuchikage had the nerve. But they were also waiting for what the older samurai would say. Who he would pick.

Mifune sighs heavily. "I think having Raikage-sama take up responsibility is the best option," he informs the room of people.

Onoki glares. "Didn't you say that he was unqualified because of his emotional nature and reliance on strength," he questions hotly.

"There's no question when we consider that the Eight Tails is still alive. Raikage-sama is also more composed than he was earlier. What I said earlier was hasty, please forgive me. Also as you all cooperated earlier, our counter attack was swift. Furthermore, the Hachibi, which will be the key to success, can only be controlled by Raikage," Mifune explains.

"Mizukage, Kazekage, are you alright with that," Onoki asks the other duo.

"This is no time to be arguing here, I'll trust the Raikage," Mei says confidently.

"Let's entrust it to the Raikage," Gaara says as he approves.

"'Onoki of the Scales' as the only one who fought with Madara, your information is indispensable. Cooperate with us," A states towards the Tsuchikage.

"You're talking down at me like you're giving orders, same as ever," Onoki retorts.

"You don't have to believe in me, but at this rate, the Shinobi world as we know it will end. We've got no chance, but to put aside our self interests and cooperate," the Raikage informs.

Onoki sighs. "It's better than losing the war, I suppose. Plus, if the Shinobi world were to end, where will I fight you. I'll cooperate," he gives in, finally agreeing on their terms.

Everyone in the room sighs with relief as a smile graces their faces. Not just because the little spat between the two Kage ended, but because they finally agreed to become comrades. This where the saying 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' comes to play.

"The Shinobi Alliance is hereby formed! We've gotta tell those Daimyó fellas first though," Onoki exclaims with a determined smile.

×××

Naruto, who was also previously 'talking' to Madara, listened as the latter informed him of Sasuke's and Itachi's lives, along with Tsuki's. How Sasuke succumbed to the clutches of revenge. How Sasuke and Naruto are destined to fight, like the founders of Konoha, like Ashura and Indra. How Tsuki was pushed away from the start. How she was the victim of the elders' schemes. How they planned her life to become such a great mess.