9.

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name

•••••••••••••••••••

Hiccup's POV

"Bye!" I wave at y/n and y/b/n who walk to their houses. I see Astrid turning around to walk away but I grab her wrist gently. She gives me a questioning look.

"Can we talk?" I ask her. She nods, not saying a word. We walk towards the woods and sit down somewhere quiet.

"So.. uh, what do you wanna talk about?" She asks me, but I can see that she knows what I want to talk about.

"Well... first of all.. why are you being so rude to y/n and y/b/n? I know that you're pretty tough but that was just a bit rude.." she shakes her head and sighs.

"You wouldn't understand." She says softly. I look at her confused.

"Tell me, please. I can try." I say. She looks down and closes her eyes, shaking her head. I grab her hand and she looks up at me.

"You can tell me anything." I say while looking directly into her eyes

"Fine. Igotjealoussothatswhyiwasignoringthem."

"Can you talk a little slower please?" I ask. She takes a deep breath.

"I got jealous." She said and looks away quickly. Jealous?

"Wh-what? Why?" I ask.

"I-it's stupid. I just saw you and y/n being close and... I got jealous. I'm sorry." She mumbles while looking at the ground. I lift her head gently up with my hand.

"Hey. It's not stupid. If something bothers you, it's important. I love you, okay? I'm yours, and you won't lose me. Keep that in mind okay?" She nods.

"I love you too." She says softly, smiling cutely.

"There's that smile. I'm glad that we could talk. I don't want to hurt you, ever." I say.

"Me too."

•••••••••••••••••••

I yawn and stretch my arms while opening my eyes slowly. I immediately notice Toothless not being here.

"Toothless?" I mumble sleepy while getting out of bed. It's still quiet. I frown and walk downstairs, where mom is making breakfast. 

"Hey mom, have you seen Toothless?" I ask her. She looks up at me and shakes her head.

"No darling, I thought he was in your room?" She asks and I shake my head.

"He's not there." I say. Where could he be?

"Maybe he went outside to play with the other dragons?"

"That would be a little weird, because he never leaves the house without me, and if he wants to play he always wakes me up!" I'm getting more concerned by the second. I walk towards the door and open it.

"I'm going to look for him." I say. Mom walks up to me and kisses my cheek.

"Okay, if he comes here I'll let you know!" She says and I nod.

"Thanks mom. Bye, I love you!"

"love you too, son." I close the door behind me and walk through Berk. I look for him everywhere, but I can't find him. After a little while I see Gobber. I run up to him

"Hello Hiccup! How have you been?" He says while working on a sword.

"Good thanks, and you?" I ask, trying to be polite, but on the inside I'm about to scream. Gobber is an amazing man, but I really need to find Toothless right now

"I'm grand thanks for asking!" He says with a smile

"Uh, so.. have you seen Toothless today? He's not at home, I have no idea where he is." I say and I can feel the nerves coming back again. Gobber thinks for a while but shakes his head.

"Haven't seen him, sorry lad." He says, sending me an apologetic look.

"It's okay, I'll keep searching. Bye Gobber, have a nice day!" I say as I turn around.

"Goodbye Hiccup!" I keep looking for him, but still nothing. Where could he be? He's a big black dragon, hiding isn't the easiest when you live in a small village.

I stop when I hear a growl. I look around me quickly, trying to find out where the sound came from. Then I see the house where y/n and y/b/n are staying. Maybe they know where Toothless is! I walk to the house and knock on the door.

"Coming!" I hear y/b/n say. I hear small footsteps and then the door opens. As soon as she sees it's me a smile appears on her face.

"Hi Hiccup!" She says.

"Uh... hey y/b/n.. do you know where uh-"

"Toothless is? Yup,he's here! I've been trying to find you all morning!" She says and my eyes widen.

"R-really? What was he doing here?" I ask her. She smirks.

"I think he really likes d/n." She says with a chuckle and I laugh.

"Oh really? How didn't I think of that?" I ask myself, shaking my head. Of course...

"Would you like to come in?" She asks while stepping to the side.

"Yes thank you!" She closes the door and then I see Toothless. He's cuddling with d/n! Aw, this looks so cute.

"Aw." I say softly.

"They're adorable, aren't they?" Y/b/n asks and I nod. Then I notice that y/n isn't here.

"Where's y/n by the way?"

"She's still asleep. She's such a lazy ass." y/b/n laughs. I chuckle and suddenly I hear footsteps coming from the stairs. I turn around and see y/n walking down the stairs. Her hair is messy, she's wearing a night gown and shes rubbing her eyes. She looks so cute!

"y/b/n? What's Toothless doing here?" She mumbles sleepy. When she sees me her eyes widen and her cheeks turn red.

"H-h-hiccup? For how long have you been here?" She asks

"Long enough to notice how lazy you are." She blushes.

"Um I-uh... I'm gonna change real quick. I'll be right back!" She says quickly before running up the stairs. y/b/n bursts out laughing and almost falls to the ground.

"aw, come on don't laugh at her." I say almost laughing. I purse my lips and try to look as serious as possible. A small chuckle leaves my mouth but I stop quickly after.

Suddenly I feel a heavy weight on top of me. I fall on the ground and hear a happy growl. I look up and see Toothless on top of me.

"Hey bud!" I say with a smile and he starts licking me all over. I groan and try to push him away.

"Toothless, I've told you that doesn't wash out!" I say annoyed. He just laughs and I shake my head.

"You had me worried sick all morning! Next time, just let me know where you're going to, okay?" He nods quickly and runs to d/n again. I smile at the two dragons who are completely crazy for each other.

Okaaayy so I just want to say: if you don't like Astrid don't continue reading the story, because I think she's amazing! I don't want those negative comments about how much you hate her (I know not everyone is like that, but I've seen some pretty rude stuff..). Yeah, I get why people dislike her at first but she's so cool! but, everyone has their opinions ^_^

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!! If you wanna say anything about the book, just comment!

xxxx damla