23.

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name
e/c = your eye colour
h/c = your hair colour
d/k = dragon kind
o/d/n = other dragon's name.

•••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

I look down and sigh. I'm really going. I hope y/b/n will too. I understand if she won't go. I'm definitely going. I wouldn't be able to live with the thought that I could've saved a whole village but I didn't. And I love the people there too much to just leave them behind.

I look at the clock. Two hours left. I get up and wipe my eyes. I walk to the bathroom and splash some water in my face. I look at myself in the mirror. My cheeks and eyes are red, and my hair is a mess.

I walk out of the bathroom and stop in front of my bookcase. I smile when I see my books of the how to train your dragon series.

Am I able to take things with me when I'm leaving? I'd love to take those books with me, imagine everyone's reaction when they find out they're fictional characters in my world. I chuckle softly just thinking of it.

I'm slowly starting to get more worried about y/b/n. She's still not back and it's been 2 and a half hours.

Where did she go? Will she come back? Is she okay?

I gasp when I hear a door open. I run downstairs and see y/b/n closing the door behind her. I run up to her to hug her but she stops me. I frown.

"Just leave me alone." Is all she says before running up the stairs towards her room. I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes again and sigh softly.

I don't understand why she's blaming all of this on me. Yes, I really wanted that book, but this isn't all my fault.

Or is it my fault?

Y/b/n's POV (DIDNT SEE THAT COMIN DID YA)

I close the door behind me and let out a shaky sigh while I slide down agains the door. I close my eyes and tuck my knees to my chest, leaning my head on them.

I choke out a sob and let the tears fall.

I know this isn't her fault. I know that. I was just frustrated and let my anger out on her. I shouldn't have done that. The guilty feeling is almost killing me. We've never had a fight before.

I can't believe I just walked away like that, came back and then just went to my room. I have no idea why I did that and I have no idea why I'm not apologising to her now. I guess I'm scared.

Did I just end our friendship? I don't know. Am I making this bigger than it is? Probably, but that's because y/n is the best friend I could wish for and she didn't deserve to be yelled at like that.

I feel like I've ruined everything now.

Is she going back? Am I going back? What about Andrew, and my family?

No wait, I'm not worried that I won't see Andrew anymore. I'm not worried at all. He's an asshole.

*flashback*

"Where the fuck were you!" He yelled through the phone, making me gasp.

"I-I-I was with my family in l-London. Why?" I lie His voice sounds... weird... he sounds a little drunk.

"I've called you a billion times, dumbass!" He yelled again, making me flinch lightly.

"I dropped my phone and it stopped working." I say while tapping the ground nervously.

"When you're my girlfriend you should always tell me where you are. And always ask for permission first." He says in a warningly tone. I frown

"Why? You're not my fa-"

"I DO NOT CARE. YOU LISTEN TO ME AND DON'T QUESTION IT." He yells, slurring a little.

"No! I'm not a slave that just does whatever you want. If I want to go somewhere, I do that!"

"You're going to regret this."

"We're not even officially together! Why are you like this?!" He yells something I can't understand and I hear glass breaking. I flinch a little from the unexpected sound.

"Look what you're doing! Because of you I'm a fucked up alcoholic!" I close my eyes and shake my head.

"Andrew, I can't believe you. You're not the person you made me think you were. This, us, is going nowhere. Bye." I hang up, block his number quickly before he can call me back and while doing this a tear rolls down my cheek. I yell angrily and punch a tree. I'm pretty sure there will be a bruise, but at this point I don't care. I made myself think I had feelings for him, while I was falling in love with someone else. I kept thinking Andrew was the one so I tried to push my feelings for Snotlout away. Yes, he seems like a mean, arrogant guy and to most people, he is. But once his guard falls down, he's sweet and caring. He just doesn't want to show that, because his father wants his son to be exactly like him. And I'm pretty sure we all wanted to make our parents proud for at least once.

I sigh and put my phone in my pocket. I turn around and walk back home. I don't know what I'm gonna do when I get back, but I just want to feel safe. Andrew kinda scared me when he yelled like that. I've never heard him this aggressive before. He's a liar.

*end of flashback*

I sigh and shut my eyes, hugging my knees close to my chest.

I'm so sorry Snotlout.. I can't believe I actually fell for that asshole's act.

I need to say sorry to y/n. What I did was not okay at all. I stand up and walk to the bathroom first, washing my face. I look at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath.

I walk to y/n's room and knock on the door softly.

"Uh.... y/n?" I say hesitantly.
sO I've been writing the last chapter for a while now, and looking at the way it ends there might be a sequel to this, but I'm not 100% sure yet ^_^. I'm still editing it because I want this ending to be really good and not too rushed, which usually happens when I write stories for myself. I still can't believe this book is almost ending 😱. Anyway, thanks for reading, I'd really appreciate it if you'd vote and/or leave a comment!
Xxx Damla