21.

He's just so adorable uugghh I wanna hug him!!

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name
e/c = your eye colour
h/c = your hair colour
d/k = dragon kind
o/d/n = other dragon's name.

•••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

"Come on, just focus on the bullseye." Astrid says from behind me and I nod. I sway the axe backwards and then throw it to the wrong target. It almost hits the middle.

"That was great! Almost in the middle!" Astrid says and I smile.

"Astrid? Aren't you scared?" I ask suddenly. She looks at me with a frown.

"Scared of what?" She asks.

"The war... I mean it's gonna be huge I'm sure..." she sighs and nods.

"I'm kinda scared yeah... but, as long as Hiccup is our leader everything will be alright." I nod. Then she smirks.

"So how are things going between you two? After uh, you know." I blush and look down.

"U-Uhm great, actually." I stutter.

"Are you guys official?" She asks excitedly, and I nod. I can hear her almost squeal and she hugs me tightly. My eyes widen. Astrid usually isn't like this...

"I'm so happy for you guys!!"

"Astrid... air.." I gasp. She lets go of me quickly and laughs.

"Sorry, I'm just so happy!" She smiles, making me smile as well.

To be honest, I expected this to feel awkward. Astrid and Hiccup were together for quite a long time, you know.. But I guess their feelings are really gone...

I know they won't forget each other easily, though. Their relationship was pretty strong and I don't expect him to forget that ever happened.

Why am I even thinking about this?

Suddenly, Fishlegs comes flying near us with Meatlug. He seems a bit panicked.

"Uhm, guys? Gothi has something to say about y/n and y/b/n..." he says, and we both immediately jump on our dragons and fly towards Gothi's house, not forgetting Fishlegs of course.

As soon as we arrive we see everyone else standing near Gothi. Gobber is there as well and he smiles at me. I do the same and then jump off of d/n.

"So, uhm... is something wrong?" I ask a little unsure. Gothi nods and starts scribbling on the sand.

"Like I've told you earlier, you can leave once and come back after, but you can't go to your own world then." We all nod.

"The problem here is that you leave at a certain time, when the time is up the book brings you back. You will fade away with the book, but don't worry, you won't feel anything." My eyes widen. Fade away? What? That sounds very scary.

"And the time is ticking, you guys are leaving today evening." we all gasp.

"TODAY EVENING?!" Y/b/n yells, and Gothi nods sadly.

"W-what? But how will we defeat this enemy if the chosen ones aren't here?" Hiccup asks.

"The problem is that this enemy is taking slower than expected. We think this is because they know about the book and when they're leaving. They're doing this on purpose."

"S-so the only way to save Berk is to come back and never go to our world again?" Y/b/n asks, her voice trembling. She nods again and I can see tears welling up in y/b/n's eyes.

"When you guys leave in the evening, you will have exactly 4 hours until the portal opens again. It's your choice if you want to come back or stay there." We nod. She tells us some more stuff, like that when we leave the whole world will forget about us- which is kind of weird..

"At least they won't be hurt when we leave then.." my best friend mumbles, trying to stay positive.

"And do we just land exactly where we arrived the first time?" She nods again. After a while, we think it's a good idea everyone stays together until we leave. And I really don't know if this is a 'see you later' or a 'goodbye'.

Right now I'm in my room, sitting on my bed while staring out of the window. I hear footsteps and then my door opens.

"Y/n?" Hiccup softly says. I nod and keep staring out of the window. I feel the bed dip a little and look next to me. Hiccup is sitting there and he's giving me a sad smile.

"I-I don't know what to do." I whisper while looking down.

"I-I really w-want to sa-save you, I really do! But, leaving everything b-behind.. I-I." He wraps his arms around me and hugs me tightly. I close my eyes and rest my head on his chest.

"Whatever you decide to do, I will be with you. Maybe not physically, but I will always think of you. I understand it completely if you're not coming back." When he says the last sentence his voice cracks a little. I look up at him and see tears in his eyes as well.

"I-I'm sorry I'm so-so s-s-selfish I know.." I shake my head and put my hand on his cheek.

"Hiccup, you're the last person on this whole planet that's selfish. You've always been there for me when I needed you, and you always put other before you. That's not selfish at all." He smiles through his tears

"Thank you y/n." I smile as well and we look at each other for a while. He leans in and kisses me softly. I can feel that he's scared, just by the way he's holding I know he is. But I am too.

When he pulls away he sighs and looks at me. Suddenly, his eyes widen and he jumps a little.

"W-what's wrong?" I ask him. He opens his mouth a few times, but there's no sound coming.

"Y-you're fading." He says and my eyes widen. I stand up and run downstairs, seeing y/b/n looking at me scared.

D/n and o/d/n are looking at us sadly, and y/b/n has tears in her eyes. She looks at Snotlout, who looks absolutely heartbroken.

"Just... in case we don't come back.. I want to thank you guys for being such amazing friends. It felt like we've known you for years, you're all amazing." They smile at us.

Suddenly, I'm on my bed. The book is on front of me, and y/b/n is looking down.

I feel empty, and cold. It's quiet, and the atmosphere doesn't feel good at all.

"What now?"
TUNTUNTUUUUUNNN THEYRE BAACKKK!! 0-0

Sooo I hope you liked this chapter, if you did please vote and/or comment ^_^. I always enjoy reading your comments!!
Xxx Damla