20.

The video I added to this chapter doesn't have anything to do with this story, I just thought it was hilarious 😂

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name
e/c = your eye colour
h/c = your hair colour
d/k = dragon kind
o/d/n = other dragon's name.

•••••••••••••••••••

Your POV

"Dinner was amazing mrs Haddock, thank you so much." I say politely and she smiles.

"You can just call me Valka dear, we're family now." She says making me smile and nod

"I'll bring her home mom, I'll be back later yeah?" Hiccup says and she nods.

"It was nice meeting you, y/n. Good night!"

"Nice meeting you too mrs- I mean Valka. Good night!" We walk towards the door and Hiccup opens the door.

"After you mi'lady." He says and bows deeply, making me giggle.

"Thank you sir." I say back and he chuckles. Hiccup closes the door and we walk towards my house.

"I really enjoyed being with you today." I smile.

"Me too." I say and he smiles cutely. We hold hands and say nothing for a little while, we just keep walking and enjoy the silence. It's a little late, and most people are asleep now.

"Thanks for coming with me, Hiccup." He smiles.

"No need to thank me!" He says.

"Goodnight Hiccup." I say and kiss his cheek. He blushes and smiles. 

"Good night beautiful." He says, making my heart flutter. I wave and close the door behind me quickly. I close my eyes and slide down to the floor, sighing happily.

Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL. HE CALLED ME BEAUTIFUL OOOHHH MY GODSSS.

"OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS ARE SO ADORABLE!" I scream and open my eyes, seeing y/b/n jumping. I blush and get up.

"You've said that like a billion times." I chuckle.

"Yeah, 'cause it's true. Duh." She says while putting her hand on her hip.

"Okaayyy it's late so we should go to sleep. D/n and o/d/n are asleep already." I nod and we walk upstairs.

Hiccup, if you only knew what you do to me...

Little did I know I do the same things to him.

Hiccup's POV

I'm walking back home when I notice something glowing. I look at the direction of where it came from and squint my eyes a bit. What is that?

I walk closer to it and then notice it's not just light, it's fire!

I start running and then see that a few houses are on fire. Villagers are running around with buckets full of water.

"Chief! We don't know what happened, but some houses caught fire!" A woman says and I can see that she's about to cry.

"Okay, don't panic. Everyone is bringing water already right?" She nods quickly.

"Okay, that's good. Whose houses are these?" I ask.

"I-one of them is mine, but I don't know about the others." I nod.

"Try to find out whose houses these are and make sure the people are safe. We'll start rebuilding the houses in the morning." She nods quickly and says thank you before walking away, trying to find the owners of the house. My heart stops when I see a familiar house on fire. That's the house of the twins! I notice Astrid pouring water over some houses.

"Astrid!" She looks at me quickly. "Have you seen the twins? I think this is their house." Her eyes widen.

"I-I haven't no. I've seen their parents though, so they're okay." I nod quickly and then see y/n and y/b/n pouring water over the houses as well.

"Hiccup! There are the twins!" Y/b/n says while pointing at them. They're both walking to the house, staring at it in sadness. It's completely gone and nothing in it is saved. I walk to them and frown.

"I'm sorry guys." They look at me with sad eyes. I've never seen them this sad before.

"We had so many memories in there, and it's gone now." Ruffnut says while looking at the ground.

"Who did this?" Tuff asks

"I have no idea guys, I don't think anyone knows who did this or what happened." I sigh, and at that moment Fishlegs comes running to me, holding something.

"Hiccup! This arrow was found on one of the houses. It was on fire, but not anymore." He says while giving me the arrow. I notice that there's a piece of paper on it. I unfold it and start reading.

This is only the beginning.

I look up at the twins, who are with their parents now. Someone did this on purpose. I bet it's the same person who y/n and I saw earlier, who's also the person that had y/b/n.

We need to stop this before it gets worse.

I stop when I see a  girl calling for her father. She looks about 14/15 years old.

"Dad!" She looks at me and runs towards me.

"Chief, h-have you seen my father? He lives in that house with my mother and my brother." She says while pointing at it. I sigh and shake my head.

"I'm sorry, I haven't seen him." She frowns.

"O-okay." She says softly.

"I'm sure he's safe, don't worry. Your mother is okay right?" She nods quickly.

"Yeah, she's okay. I'm just worried about my dad." She sighs.

"It's going to be alright. It's a little hectic now because this happened out of nowhere, but you'll find him I'm sure." She smiles a little and nods.

"T-thanks chief."

"Just call me Hiccup." She smiles wider and nods.

After a while the fire has stopped completely. The houses are burned completely.. luckily, we have some empty houses for the people who lost theirs.

Y/n and mom have put clothes in the houses for the people and they're bringing them food as well. Today we're going to start rebuilding the houses, while Astrid trains everyone to get ready in case whoever did this comes back. Because we're sure this isn't the last attack. During the night we will have a few people who are on watch, and this changes every day. Tonight, Fishlegs and I make sure that everyone is alright, then we walk through Berk a few times to see if there's anything strange, and then Astrid and y/n will be on watch for the rest of the night.

After a long day I fall down on the bed, closing my eyes. I've been outside all day, then I was on watch for a few hours and now I can rest..

I notice that Toothless still isn't asleep. He's staring out of the window.

"Hey bud, what's wrong?" I ask him. He looks at me and makes a sad noise.

"You're worried about d/n?" He nods and looks out of the window with sad eyes.

"She's alright I'm sure. Y/b/n and o/d/n are with her, everything is fine now okay?" He nods and lays down, still looking out of the window.

"Maybe you should sleep bud. Then the night will go by faster and then you'll see her sooner!" He nods and closes his eyes.

"Good night Toothless." He makes a small noise before I close my eyes and fall asleep.
Sooo I decided to update twice today because why not ^_^. So the drama is coming, Tum tum tuuuuuummm..... 0-0.
Byyy the waaayy, the end of this book is near :((. The last chapter is chapter 25, after that there will be an epilogue, but no sequel or something because I suck at writing sequels 😂. I'll publish an other x reader story, I'm not quite sure with who yet, but I'll let you know! :)

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you did I'd really appreciate it if you would vote or comment!
Xxx Damla