18.

Grumpy hiccup is adorable aaahhh!

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name
e/c = your eye colour
h/c = your hair colour
d/k = dragon kind
o/d/n = other dragon's name.

•••••••••••••••••••

Hiccup's POV

I let out a happy sigh as I fall on the couch, closing my eyes. I have never felt this good before.

"What's making you so happy darling?" My mother asks, and when I open my eyes I see her walking towards me, holding two cups.

"Y/n." I sigh. Her name already just makes me feel so good. I feel like a little teenage boy who has his first crush... Is that good??

"I see you two get along well, hmm?" She asks and I nod.

"She's amazing mom, I just- I can't even find words to describe her." Her smile gets even wider.

"I'm glad that you found her. Maybe you could ask her to eat dinner with us sometime?" She asks me.

"Uh... we just got together... isn't that a little fast?" I ask and she chuckles. 

"Well I just really want to meet the lady who makes my little boy so happy, you know. Being a chief can be very stressful at times, and I've seen you hit rock bottom sometimes. I'm just glad that you feel better." I smile and nod.

"I'll ask her sometime." I sit closer to her and rest my head on her chest while she plays with my hair. This feels amazing. Whenever I'm with mom, I feel like a little 5 year old again. But now I have her. I wish dad was here.. He would've loved y/n so much, I already know that.

"Have you got any plans coming up?" My mother suddenly asks.

"Umm... Well I need to help y/n and y/b/n prepare," I begin. I told her about where they're from and why they're here, and I can't believe it but she really believed me! "and there's a dragon race this week where I need to be at, aaanddd I need to check on some things like if the dragons are being treated well and if all my inventions are working and some things will probably happen out of nowhere as well." I say, chuckling at the end.

"ye know how us Berkians are." She chuckles and I nod while laughing. I yawn and cover my mouth with my hand while getting up slowly.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight mom, I love you." I say and I kiss her cheek. She pulls me in a hug and I smile.

"I love you too, darling." She says before letting me go. I walk upstairs to my room and change quickly. I notice that Toothless is already asleep.

I lay down in bed and sigh, thinking of y/n. Her beautiful e/c eyes that make my heart melt, and her amazing h/c hair. I miss her already.. she gives me this feeling I've never felt before, but it feels amazing.

I'm a little worried though. I mean, one day she might go back to her world, wow that sounds weird, but what if she doesn't come back? How will I be able to live with that?

To be honest, I don't want to think of that right now. I just want to be with her, and we'll see what the future brings us.

I close my eyes, smiling with y/n in my thoughts.

•••••••••••••••••••

I groan when I feel something wet on my hand. I turn around, trying to get back to sleep again but then a big weight lands on me. My eyes go wide and I see the big night fury looking at me with his big green eyes.

"Ow!! Toothless!!" He makes a sound and tries to get me out of bed. 

"Calm down bud, why are you in a rush?" I ask him. He pulls me by my leg and I sigh and get up. He lets go and jumps and makes happy noises.

"At least someone is happy today." I mumble while looking for my clothes. I hate it when I get waken up. Sleeping just feels so nice and then waking is just- ugh.

As soon as I'm ready I say goodbye to mom while Toothless pulls me with him again.

"What has gotten into you bud?" I ask. He doesn't say anything but pushes me towards y/n and y/b/n's house. Wait what?

Oohhh, I get it..

"Oohh, you wanna see d/n?" I ask him while smirking. He makes a little sound that sounds like a yes to me, and pushes me in front of the door.

"Toothless its early in the morning, maybe they're no-"

"Hi Hiccup!" I turn back to the door and see y/b/n standing there while looking at me.

"Oh uh, hi y/b/n.. I uh... Toothless really wanted to see someone, so uh.. yeah.." she smirks and nods.

"D/n is here." As soon as those words leave her mouth, Toothless runs inside, making y/b/n and I laugh.

"Y/n is in her room by the way. I'm not sure if she's awake yet, but you can look if you want!" I nod.

"Thanks y/b/n." She smiles and nods.

"You're welcome. Just don't do any weird stuff please, the walls are thin and I don't want little Hiccups and Y/ns running around already." My eyes widen and I'm sure I look like a tomato right now.

"Of course not!! We-we just got together!" I say and she laughs.

"Okay, I'm just warning you." She chuckles and then she turns around and walks to the three dragons who are playing together. I walk upstairs and notice that one door is closed. That must be y/n's room. I knock on the door softly.

"Y/b/n?" I hear a sleepy voice say, making me smile. My grumpy mood earlier is completely gone now.

"No, it's me, Hiccup." I say.

"Oh... come in." She mumbles and I open the door. When I see her I try to hold back a laugh. Her hair is all over the place! I mean, mine doesn't look any better but it's still funny to me!

"I know I know." She laughs while looking at me, her eyes half open.

"Awe you're so cute." I say while grabbing her cheeks. She groans and pushes my hands away, or at least she's trying.

"Is someone grumpy?" I ask in a baby voice, making her roll her eyes.

"I want to sleeeeeepp." She moans while falling back on the bed. I chuckle.

"You can sleep tonight. Come on, get up you lazy girl!" I say while pushing her up. She sighs.

"Okay.." she mumbles while rubbing her eyes with her hands.

"I'll leave you alone so you can get ready. I'm downstairs with y/b/n, d/n, o/d/n and Toothless!" She nods and I kiss her cheek softly before leaving the room.
Guuuyysss the votes are going so fast right now!! A few days ago I had about 19, and now I've got 59!!' Thank you so so much for reading, commenting and voting! ^_^. I'm glad you like the story! I say this every chapter but I just wanna say, if you've got any tips or something for me feel free to comment/message, whatever you want :).
Xxx damla