15.

abbreviations:
y/n = your name
y/b/n = your best friend's name
d/n = dragon's name
y/t = your town's name
e/c = your eye colour
d/k = dragon kind
o/d/n = other dragon's name.

•••••••••••••••••••

Hiccup's POV

I watch y/n run away while I nervously run a hand through my hair. That was pretty awkward.. when she's out of my sight I look around and then notice Astrid looking at me with a smirk.

"Wha-how much did you see?" I ask her, and the smirk on her face gets even bigger, which already makes me think she saw everything

"Hmmm just a little bit, you know." She laughed and I blush again.

"You should really ask her out, I'm pretty sure she likes you too!" She says and my eyes widen.

"Jeez, say it louder so the whole village can hear it." I mumble. She grins and yells.

"HICCUP LI-" I quickly put my hand over her mouth.

"I wasn't serious, idiot!" She laughs and pushes my hand away.

"So what if everyone knows it? You two look so cute together!" She says, making me blush.

"Come on, be a man and ask her out." She asks. Suddenly she punches my arm and I groan.

"Ow, what was that for?" She just chuckles.

"Ask her out! Come on, it's not that hard! You like her, she likes you, happy end!" She says quickly. Wait what?

"Wait, do you know if she likes me?" I ask. Astrid looks down and mumbles 'she's gonna kill me for this.' I look at her confused and she rolls her eyes.

"Are boys really that stupid! Yes she does! She told me she likes you!" She says.

"Y/N LIKE-" this time it's Astrid who puts a hand over my mouth.

"Not so loud! Y/n is gonna kill me if she finds out I told you this!" She whisper-yells. I nod as a sign that I'll be quiet, and she removes my hand.

She likes me, she likes me.. SHE LIKES ME?!

I jump excitedly, making Astrid laugh again and I stop when I realise she's still here.

"Okay... so now I know she likes me.. but... how am I gonna ask her out?" I ask her.

"Well, just do something fun together, and when you think it's the right moment, ask her!"

"Sounds easier than it actually is." I mumble.

"I know, but you can do it!! Ask her. Now." She demands and I look at her surprised.

"W-what?" I ask. She sighs.

"Come on!! You've got nothing to lose, plus, maybe someone else will ask her out.." she says, and as soon as I hear that a wave of jealousy goes through me.

"Okay, go get your girl now!" She says as she pushes me away. I take a beep breath and breathe out slowly.

"Come on Hiccup, you got this.." I mumble to myself. I look up and see y/n and y/b/n talking together, while d/n and o/d/n are playing together. As soon as y/b/n sees me, she smirks and nudges y/n. She looks up at me and smiles, and I swear I feel like I could fall to the floor at any moment now.

"Hi Hiccup!" She says while I walk to her. I smile nervously, and she frowns.

"Is something wrong?" She asks, and I quickly shake my head.