Chapter 5: The Forest of Darkness

As morning came, Arkaine and Leata wake up and leave the town. They head towards Failaar once again. When they reach a forest, they feel an ominous vibe coming from the forest. Arkaine then sees a sign that reads "DANGER!!! THE FOREST OF DARKNESS!!! DO NOT ENTER!!!" Leata looks at the sign and asks, "What now...?" Arkaine begins to walk toward the forest when he feels a breeze, a weird breeze. "I would not travel down that path, my friend." Arkaine looks above him and A strange man stands upon the cliff above them. "Who are you?" Asks Arkaine, to which the man simply replies, "Amaru." Amaru jumps down and greets them.

"Why should we not travel this path....?" Asks Leata softly. "Well if you did, you might as well be walking into Hell's Gates." Amaru says sternly. "We have to get through some how...." says Arkaine clenching his fists. "I'll lead you through." Says Amaru with a smile. Arkaine looks at Leata and they both nod. "Alright, lead the way" Says Arkaine, Amaru then enters the Forest of Darkness with Leata And Arkaine.

After walking for 6 hours, They stop to camp for the night. They stayed up and talked for a while, having a good time. Later when everyone fell asleep, Arkaine comes out of his tent and climbs onto a tree branch and stares at the moon in the sky. He then sees Amaru on the branch next to him. Amaru is silent then says, "You know we aren't so different, You and I..." Arkaine looks over and asks, "How so?"

"Well, look for yourself," Amaru said as he takes off his glove revealing a mark of Crimsona in his hand. Arkaine's eyes widened and says, "You're just like me!" Amaru nods and says, "You feel something when you stare at the sky don't you?" Arkaine nods and Amaru sighs and says, "There is a reason me and you feel the way we do..." Arkaine tilts his head, what Amaru tells him next surprised him.