XX. - The Last Stand - (FINALE)

Songs for the finale:

1. "World So Cold" - 12 Stones

2. "Sign Of The Times" - Harry Styles

--

Does this darkness have a name?
This cruelty, this hatred
How did it find us?
Did it steal into our lives?
Or did we seek it out and embrace it?
What happened to us?
That we send our children into the world like we send young men to war
Hoping for their safe return.
But knowing that some will be lost along the way.
When did we lose our way?
Consumed by the shadows
Swallowed whole by the darkness
Does this darkness have a name?
Is it your name?

- Lucas Scott (One Tree Hill)

-

Nicomaine opened her eyes and looked around. It took her a moment to realize that she was sitting on the backseat of Harry's car, and that they were driving in the middle of nowhere. She looked down and realized her hands were cuffed.

"You're awake." A familiar voice said. Nicomaine looked forward and saw Harry on the driver's seat. For a moment, she was wrapped in a shroud of confusion. And then slowly, everything came back to her.

"What the hell is going on?" She asked.

"I'm getting you to safety."

"By kidnapping me? What the hell? Have you lost your mind?"

"No, Richard wanted to ensure your survival too." Harry uttered, still not looking at her. Feeling pissed off that everybody underestimated her, Nicomaine decided to take Harry head on.

"Turn this car around, we have to go back." She demanded.

"No."

"What about our group? We're family, Harry. We don't leave anyone behind."

"I'll come back for them. I just need to get you as far as possible." He answered. Nicomaine gulped and clenched her fists.

"Stop the car, Harry."

"No. The instructions are clear, you have to be safe."

"So your Richard's bitch now?" Nicomaine asked and all of a sudden, the car came to a halt. Harry gripped the wheel for a moment before he turned to look at her.

"I am NOT his bitch. But we're on the same side; we both want you to be safe."

"Well, I don't need to be safe! Harry, we have to go back. Please."

"No." he said and started driving again. Nicomaine spent the next couple of minutes in silence. After completely making up her mind, she put her arms over Harry's head and wrapped her hands around his neck.

"GET OFF MEEEEE!" Harry yelled.

"NO!!" she yelled back.

Harry pulled up at the side of the road. Nicomaine tightened her grip, strangling him. He tried to reach for her head but the distance did not allow him to do so.

As soon as Harry started choking, she loosened her group and moved closer to him. Nicomaine spotted the key inside the pocket of his shirt.

"You have to let me go. You have to let me fight with them." She said.

"I can't."

"I have no problem bringing the both of us down. I'm going to hate your forever if you don't." Nicomaine told him. She lowered her hand and reached for the key inside her pocket. She smirked and released him from her grab.