Three Weeks Later

Song for this chapter:

1. Fool For You - Zayn 

2. Bad Things - Machine Gun Kelly feat. Camila Cabello

--

T H R E E W E E KS L A T E R

Nicomaine spent the next several days picking up the pieces left behind by the gang war that shook the entire town right to its very core. She returned to their headquarters and gathered all the stuff that can still be used. After that, she met up with the Sheriff to discuss what happened to Richard and where he was taken.

"St. Augustine Medical Center." He told her.

"He's in there?"

"Yes. By the way, he's been misdiagnosed. Poor kid." The Sheriff replied before he took a slice of pizza.

"Misdiagnosed?" Nicomaine asked.

"Yes. Based on the file you sent me ... Richard was previously diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder with Psychotic features. But after a specialist from the Medical center checked him up, it turned out he was suffering from Schizoaffective Disorder instead. It is not that different from the first diagnosis. The only clear difference is that he's been seeing and hearing a lot of things that no one can hear. His psychotic episodes are also more severe than those who are suffering from MDD with psycho features."

"Oh my God."

"Ms. Mendoza ... can I please ask you something?"

"Sure ... anything." She said right away.

"I want you to look after him and makes sure he won't go down the same path again. I'll do my best to minimize his charges. I want you to be there for him when he gets out. I want you to be there for my Godson."

"Your Godson?" She asked before her mouth fell open.

"Yes. He was a good kid, you know. Fucked up, but a good one nonetheless."

"Okay ... I will."

Later that afternoon, Nicomaine decided to pay Richard a visit. She drove to the medical center and stopped on the parking lot. Thoughts flooded her head; she started wondering what will happen once he sees her again.

A few minutes later, she got out of the car and walked towards the entrance. Nicomaine took a deep breath and approached the nurse's desk.

"Um, Good afternoon ... where's the psych ward?" she asked.

"West wing." The nurse replied with a smile on her face. She smiled back and walked towards the said direction. The hospital hallways all looked the same to her, white walls, white floor and white ceiling. Nicomaine had to rely on signboards to know the direction. Ten minutes later, she finally arrived at the hospital's west wing. Nicomaine saw the entrance to the psych ward and walked towards it, only to be stopped by a nurse halfway through.

"Good afternoon Ma'am, how can I help you?"

"I'm here to visit someone." Nicomaine answered.

"What's the name? "

"Richard R. Faulkerson Jr."

"Okay ... he's here ... what is your name?"

"Nicomaine Mendoza." She replied. The nurse then checked the visitor list for a moment before she turned her eyes back to Nicomaine.

"You're here ... let me check your bag first." She said and after the quick scan, Nicomaine was granted entrance to the psych ward. A nurse then approached her and introduced himself as Korin.