(3) Lost

*Liam's POV; a few hours earlier*

     I was laying on the couch with an ice pack on my forehead when I heard a knock on the door. As I got up to answer it, whoever it was shouted, "Hello!" and knocked on the door again. I heard a thud and someone saying, "Hey, wait!" followed by a second thud. When I opened the door a pair of suitcases and a backpack were sitting on the ugly welcome mat my mom had bought me last year for Christmas.

     I groaned as I stepped outside. I thought I saw a flash of red dive behind a bush. I looked around for any other sign of whoever left their stuff at my door, but found none. "Hey!" I yelled, "Who's there?" Whatever was behind the bush moved, so I stepped towards it. I stared at the bush, trying to peer through it's leaves without getting too close, but without any luck. I took a step closer and heard a scuffling noise behind me. I turned to see a flash of purple as someone ran into my house. "HEY!" I ran after them and heard laughter coming from the direction of the bush.

     I ran into my house looking for whoever had just came in. "Where'd you go?" I walked through the house, checking all the rooms. I checked Niall's old room last, he had moved into my room so Kate could have her own room. The room was filled with boxes of her stuff that Mom had mailed over the last couple of weeks.

     I opened the door and was greeted by a purple mass. The noise I made resembled the roar of a lion. I tore the shirt off of my face and found Harry standing across the room shirtless, laughing his ass off. "Harry!" I threw his shirt back at him. "Did you get Kate?" He was still laughing, but he managed to nod. I grinned, "So Kate's here?"

     He nodded again, "It was her idea to knock and run!" He calmed down a little and said, "She looks nothing like you, Liam. She's actually good looking." I rolled my eyes at the jab as he continued to talk. "Also, why didn't you tell us she was your twin?"

     I swallowed my urge to confess that I didn't like the idea of twin sister being with any guy, so I was kind of hoping none of the guys would fall for her. So much for that. "First of all, the twin thing never really came up. Secondly, I didn't say much about her because I wanted you guys all to myself."

     "Ooo, Daddy Direction doesn't want to share, huh?" I cracked up and soon Harry was laughing too.

     Someone shouted, "Make sure you're clothes are on, 'cause I'm coming in!" I snickered at the tone of Louis' voice.

     Harry grinned as well, "Back here, Lou!"

     Soon enough Louis was standing in the doorway. "Did anyone happen to see that girl laughing in the middle of the road?" I shrugged and Harry shook his head no. "She was kind of cute. Nice brown hair. Blue-green eyes." His eyes widened, "Wait, Liam, she kind of looked like you!"

     Harry laughed, "Louis! That was probably Kate!" I was still thinking about how Louis had called my sister cute, when I started feeling queasy.

     "Oh god." Harry and Louis looked at me with confused faces. "Again." I shoved Louis out of the way and raced to the bathroom, barely making it before I started to hurl.

    Louis and Harry weren't that far behind. Harry made it first, leaning over me with a hand planted firmly on my back. "Louis! What do I do?" He whined. Louis shooed him away and instructed him to wait for Zayn out front.

     My face was still in the toilet when I felt Louis grip my shoulder. "Take it easy. We're in no hurry to get anywhere." I huffed a breath out of my nose in amusement but was cut short as another wave of nausea hit.

     I was in the bathroom for another half hour before Louis was able to lead me to the living room where Zayn and Harry were on the couch, tossing popcorn at each other. "Where are Niall and Kate?"