Sophia; 8

Sophia ; 8

*Kate's POV*

   I watched as Kira came running towards me, and Louis joined the boys in a game of soccer. They way they looked at each other in the coffee shop, there was no doubt,  Louis had found his next girlfriend.

   When she caught up I turned and she followed me into the hospital. We took the elevator this time,  and when we got to the fifth floor, I practically ran to 506. She stayed right behind me the whole time. The door was shut, but I threw it open. I found the last person I'd expected to see in Liam's hospital room.

   Sophia Rodriguez. She was a well known television reporter. And she always meant trouble.

   I shoved Kira back as Sophia looked up from a sleeping Liam, "Oh Kaden! How nice to see you here! Do you need to talk to me about something?" She had no idea I was Liam's sister. She knew me as an amateur vocal artist that was seen with Liam a lot before he became famous. She thought my name was Kaden Jones. I wanted to keep it that way.

   "Yeah actually.. Your camera crew is downstairs. They want to see you," She didn't move, "Downstairs..."

   "Oh, of course!" She stood up and scurried out. When the elevator doors closed I entered Liam's room, Kira followed and I shut the door, locking it.

   "You let SOPHIA into your HOSPITAL room! Are you CRAZY?!"

   Liam opened his eyes, I knew he hadn't really been sleeping. He just didn't want to talk to Sophia. "Hey! The nurse let her in! I didn't want to see her!"

   "Dammit! If she makes up another story about us... I'm disowning you!"

   He laughed, "You can't, we're twins!" Then he noticed Kira behind me. "Who's that?"

   He pulled the sheets higher around his neck and I laughed, "Sleeping naked even in the hospital?" He blushed but nodded. Kira looked mortified. "Well, this, is Kira Smith. And isn't she something special. Guess who brought her home?"

   "Not Niall, he's got you." Apparently everyone knew that, except me. "Harry has Em.... Hmm. Come here." Kira stepped up and he said, "Down here," She bent over to his eye level. "Blue eyes. I'm betting it was Lou."

   I nodded as she blushed. "I spilt coffee on him earlier."

   "After I pushed him on you. Liam you should see them together, they're like picture perfect."

   "I'll bet..."

   "What's bugging you bro?"

   "Not that it's your fault or anything. But all the guys have got these pretty girls to call their own, and I've got... a bullet wound. For all I know, the guy that gave it too me still wants me dead." I hadn't told Liam that Josh had actually wanted to kill me at first. I didn't plan on telling him anytime soon.

   There was a knock on the door and Liam said, "Come in."

   "YOU LYING LITTLE FUCK, LET ME IN!" It was Sophia. Back to try and ruin us again.

   "Kate, you gotta hide Kira. The press can't know about her yet!"

   "But where do I hide her?!" There was no where for her to go. I felt a slight breeze on my face. "Do you feel a draft?" I turned around. The window. "Come on. Don't say a word." I grabbed Kira by the wrist and dragged her to the window.

   "What.....?"

   "Out. Now."

   "Is that safe?!"

   "Nope." I pushed her out on the ledge and stepped out behind her. I pulled the curtains together and closed the window as far as it would go. Kira started to say something, but I held a finger to my lips, "Shhh." I pressed my body against the wall, and used my right arm to pin Kira to the wall next to me.

   I could hear Liam, "Why's it locked?! Get a nurse!" A moment later the rattle of a nurse shaking the doorknob.

   The door opened and Sophia said, "Thank you, have a nice day." The door shut again. "Okay you little twerp. I heard it all. Who's Kira? Kate? Why do you like that Kaden girl so much? If all the guys have a girl but you, why don't you just ask her? Who wants to kill you? How'd you get shot?" She'd heard us talking? "Show me the gunshot wound."

   "I'm not supposed to get out of bed." I heard her stand up. The tap-tap of her heels as she walked across the room. I heard her flip back the sheet. Oh God Liam. Please tell me you at least have underwear on. There was no scream, instead Sophia saying, "Man up and wear boxers instead of tighty-whiteys next time." I could hear the tear of fabric and my heart rate sped up. She was undressing his wound. Not recommended for gunshot victims. I heard Liam suck in a sharp breath and found myself holding mine.

   "Don't please." He sounded hurt, "Sophia, please!" He started to scream but cut himself off. I knew what was happening. Sophia was touching his wound.

   I looked over at Kira. Her hands were over her ears. I pulled one away, "Stay still. Don't move unless I come to get you." She nodded and clamped her hand back over her ear. I silently opened the window and stepped into the room, brushing aside the curtains. No one noticed as I crossed the room.

   I'd been right, Sophia was poking and prodding Liam's wound, his eyes were squeezed shut and the rest of his face was contorted with pain. "Sophia stop." She jumped up, flinging pus and blood from Liam's wound everywhere.

   "Kaden, what are you doing in here? How did you get in, the door is locked!"

   I grinned, might as well over exaggerate it a bit. "I'm not who you think I am, Sophia, I'm different. I'm not like you." I could see Liam trying not to laugh, despite his obvious pain.

   "What do you mean?!"

   "I mean, I came through the window, Sophia. I didn't have to use the door."

   "But how?!" She was starting to look a bit scared.

   "I told you, I'm different." I was giving her an over-exaggerated psycho smile.

   "Well if you don't mind. I'm going to take Liam on a walk." She already had a wheelchair by her side. How the hell did she get that?!

   "You can't do that." I jumped at her, "They would not approve."

   "Who..? Wait no, cut the act, kid. I'm taking him with me, wether you want me to or not."

   "You will NOT." I slapped her and she looked me up and down.

   "You just watch me." I stepped up to hit her again and she kicked my bad leg. What's up with people doing that since I got my boot? I fell over and managed to grasp the sheets on Liam's bed.

   "Kaden!" Sophia was struggling to move Liam into the wheelchair, and I was trying to stand up. My leg was pounding but I managed it.

   My vision was getting dark when she kicked me again. "Kaden!" Liam leaned forward in the wheelchair and tried to catch me, I felt his fingers brush past my face and arm. I hit the floor and moaned.

   I heard the distant sound of the door handle moving, then the fimiliar sound of someone picking the lock. Liam recognized it too, we'd picked our fair share of locks over the years.

   Sophia was looking for her purse and didn't notice when the door popped open revealing Zayn, holding a lock pick set. Who would've guessed. Louis and Niall were standing behind him. Louis was shaking his head, "Sophia. Sophia. Sophia. Who invited you in?"

   "I didn't think I needed an invitation, Lou."

   I looked up at Louis from the floor, "Can you just get her out of here?"

   "I thought you would never ask."