Chapter 07

Kyle stands at the door looking angry as well a bit hurt? Lily takes this as her cue to leave, while I get up to face him. He walks to me, I speak "What am I suppose to think then? You didn't call like you promised and then it's been a week" I look down at the floor.

He just gulfs me in his arms so I wrap myself in his warmth "I'm missed you too baby" he slowly whispers in my ear kissing my hair.

"Where were you?" I whisper back. "Sorry baby, I had to fly out of town some emergency came to one of our branches I couldn't ignore it. I had to handle it personally so that's why I couldn't be in touch with you" I nod before I step away from him.

"Why do you think Kate was here for her unannounced visits?" I blink at him "You mean you send her? But she didn't say anything?" he chuckles brushing my hair back from my face. "I asked her not to until you asked first but you never did, baby I hope this thing between us isn't a one sided is it?"

I shake my head no "I can't think straight when I'm around you, I really get confused when you are not around. What's happening I have never felt this way before?"

"Then let's find it out together" I simply states. "I'll pick you up at 6 tonight be ready OK?" I nod "where are we going?" I ask. He pretends to think for a while before he speaks "It's a surprise" he kiss my before he takes his leave.

I stare at the door dumbstruck when Lily enters in with a big grin "So what happened?" I shake my head to clear my thoughts "We are going out but I don't know where, finally I'm loosing my ability to talk as well to think." She looks at me baffled.

"How come?" I look straight in her eyes "Well I'm supposed to run away from the dragon not follow him like a lost puppy."

"You are going somewhere?" Brad asks as I enter the living room wearing my dress. I nod happily "Yes! How do I look?" He just shrugs before turning to the T.V "No matter how much you try you can never look like a human." I reply sweetly to him "I'll ignore it because I don't want to ruin my dress as well my hair."

I walk to my room to get my bag while he follows me "So how long were you two dating?" he asks. "It's our 1st date well he didn't say the exact word but it's a date right? I mean he is taking me out."

"Wait! How do you know I'm going on a date and with whom?" I ask curiously. He sighs before taking a seat in my chair "Because I have never seen you so dolled up this much before and after Kate's party you have been a bit distracted behaving suspiciously. So it's definitely the dragon isn't it?"

"Wow! I thought you were still mourning your break-up. Guess you are over it hmm?" I tease him but he glares back at me. "Can't you leave my break up alone none of your business"

I turn around "We have to talk about it..." but he snaps back at me "No we don't it's none of your bloody business." I try to reply back but we get interrupted as the door bell rings.

I try to go open the door but he grabs my arm pulling me back "If I'm being a problem I can move out" he snarls at me, I stare at him wide eyes "What? You don't...I...I never said that." But he just ignores me before going out to open the door. I stand there speechless what just happened?"

I compose myself before I get out to the living area where Kyle is waiting for me. I smile as I see him. He walks to me and kiss my cheeks "Hey beautiful you look stunning!" I take the flowers he got for me to put in the vase before we say our goodbye to Brad.

"You OK?" Kyle asks me "huh? Uh...yap it's just...never mind" I smile at him. "We don't have to do this you know if you don't want to" he looks at me I shake my head as he sighs, "Baby, you seem lost" I nod my head before kissing his jaw.