xvii

Mariah

Mariah.

"Mariah baby... I think you might be pregnant." She said rubbing my back.

"I know." I said quietly.

"You know?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I suspected it. I already knew the symptoms I was just in denial."

"Denial? I thought you had baby fever." She sat next to me.

"Yeah, I just didn't expect it to happen so soon."

"Well to be quite frank Mariah, you and Bryson go at like rabbits... and y'all used a condom how many times?"

I tucked in my lips, knowing I wouldn't be able to count how many times me and Bryson had sex without a condom.

I internally shook my head,
I had to know this was coming.

Bri nodded, "Exactly. So do you wanna buy a test from the store or wanna just go to a doctor?"

"Let's go to a clinic, I'd rather get tested by a professional so we can know for sure."

"Okay." She nodded and stood up.

I stood as well and dusted myself off, "Can you take me home first so I can shower and clean myself up? Plus, I really need to see Bryson."

"Yeah okay, I'll go get my purse."

When she got her purse we left and proceeded to my place.

"So if you are pregnant, you going tell Bryson right now or make him wait?"

I sighed in deep thought, "Yeah I'm going to tell him of course, I just don't know if I want to surprise him or not."

"Well, it's not gone take long for him to notice you acting different."

"Yeah, that's true. He notices everything new about me." I shook my head.

Bri sighed dreamily, "Goals."

I laughed, "Shut up."

"I'm serious. You and Bryson are the epitome of true relationship goals. First off, y'all both successful as hell, he adores the hell outta you, y'all spoil each other, and whenever something goes wrong y'all always find a way to make it right... I want that."

I turned my head to look at Bri and I noticed the slight pout she had in her face.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Bri baby are you okay?"