Chapter Three: Moving on

It was the last day of school and I was in my government class. Even after what happened with Darion I still kind of liked him. I knew I had to get over him but I was hoping that he would make another attempt. That never happened and school was over. I realized that I wouldn’t see Jason or Darion for three months so I knew I would be able to get over both of them and move on with my life.

It was the first day of summer and I didn’t have anything better to do so I went on Facebook. I already knew that Monica had a Facebook so I decided to add her. Then I thought about Jason and I decided to search for him and add him. His picture was cute but I didn’t want to stare to long because I was getting over him. The next day I checked my Facebook to see if anyone added me or something. Monica added me and Jason but I noticed he changed his picture. My eyes were glued to the picture because I noticed that he didn’t have a shirt on and he had a nice body. But like I said before people, I had to get over him.

The next day I had made plans with Angel to go to the beach and chill. We had fun and I was truly enjoying myself. As I was getting out of the water I thought I heard someone call my name. I tried to get the water out of my ears to make sure I was hearing correctly. It turns out that someone was really calling my name. I looked around to see who it was and I realized that it was Charles.

Charles was Darion's friend. He was the other Asian guy that was talking about my name that day in government. I waved at him and I knew he wanted me to come his way so I asked Angel to come with me, but she was too shy, so I walked over there alone. I could see that he was checking me out as I got closer to him. I finally said hi once I approached him. 

“Damn, you look sexy as hell in that swimsuit.” He said. 

I smiled. 

“What are you guys up to?” I asked. 

“Just chilling until later on tonight.” He replied. 

Then he invited me to a party and asked me for my number. I gave him my number.“Don’t forget to bring your sexy friend over there.” Charles’s friend said pointing to Angel. 

“We’ll see.” I said as I walked away.

As I was getting dressed up for the party I heard my phone ring. It was Charles.“Hey. Are you coming to the party tonight?” He asked. 

“I will if you can come and get me.” I replied. 

He agreed so I gave him the directions to my place. Once I ended the call I continued to get dressed. I called Angel hoping that she would come but she had something better to do and I had to go by myself. The thought of going to a party where I didn’t know anyone made me a little nervous but I knew it was too late to get myself out of it.

As I stared out my window I saw a car pull up then my phone began to ring. It was Charles again. I answered the phone and asked him if that was him that just pulled up. It was, so I went outside. He watched me walk towards him as he leaned on the car. He gave me a hug and he seemed pretty happy to see me as he opened the car door for me. 

“So where’s your friend?” He asked once he got in the car. 

“She had something better to do.” I replied.

Before we went to the party Charles decided to make a stop at the beach at night. I just sat there listening to the radio while Charles decided to step outside the car and smoke. It didn’t bother me though because I already knew he did that. I decided to get out the car and sit with him. I just looked up at the stars and then I heard him ask me if I wanted to smoke. 

“No, I’ve never smoked that shit before. You won’t kill me.”

All he could do was laugh at what I had just said.