Chapter Nineteen: The routine of my life

Part IV

“Babe it’s your turn.” Darion mumbled with a sleepy voice as DJ continued to cry.

“Okay, okay.” I said as I began to get out of the bed.

Once I got out of the bed I made my way to the baby’s room.

“What’s wrong baby bear?” I said as I held DJ in my arms.

I began rocking DJ in my arms as I headed to the kitchen to prepare a bottle. Once I turned on the light I looked at the clock to find out that it was 6:10 a.m. I realized that six hours from now I would be saying goodbye to my friends until the summer time. It seemed very far away since it was only the beginning of January. Once I prepared the bottle I sat down on the sofa, turned on the TV, and began to feed DJ. DJ had grown so fast since he was born, which had only been two and a half months ago.

Once DJ fell asleep again, I put him back in the bed and went back to sleep myself until my phone went off four hours later.

“Yeah, what is it?” I answered.

“You told me to call you once I was up packing.” Angel replied.

“Alright, I’ll be there soon.” I replied before hanging up.

I slowly made my way out of the bed when Darion woke up.

“Where are you going?”

“You know my girls are leaving me today until the summer time.” I answered.

“Oh yeah. Are you taking DJ with you?”

“I was thinking about it, but I won’t have time to get him and myself ready.” I replied.

“You know I have to go to work soon.” Darion said as he sat up in the bed.

“I know, I know.” I quickly replied back.

I walked over to my husband and gave him a kiss.

“I won’t be gone long.” I said as I left Darion with a smile on his face.

I headed for the bathroom to clean myself up. As I did, Darion decided to join me in the shower.

“Don’t give me that look you dirty boy.” I teased knowing exactly what he was thinking.

“What, I can’t look at my beautiful wife?”

“Of course you can.” I answered.

“Good. Can I kiss my beautiful wife?”

“Yes you can.” I answered with a smile.

“Can I touch my beautiful wife?” He asked after our kiss.

“Darion you know I don’t have time.” I said knowing exactly where he was getting at.

I began to feel soft kisses on the back of my neck.

“Darion…”

He just continued.

“Darion, I can’t.”

All of a sudden he pulled me closer. And for some reason that instantly made me give in to the temptation.

After our little shower scene I quickly got dressed and headed out of our apartment to my car. Once I got in the car I put on my sunglasses, put on my seatbelt, started the car, and drove off. Once I drove down the street where Angel’s house was I saw Tina’s car parked in front of the house, so I parked my car behind hers. Just as I got out of the car I saw Angel and Tina walk out of the house when they noticed me. We all greeted each other with a hug.