Chapter Five: My confessions

During the drive home everyone was silent. No one knew what to say. Finally Tina decided to say something. 

“I had no idea that happened to you Jaz. I’m so sorry.” 

“Yeah, I’m sorry you guys had to hear that.” I said feeling a little embarrassed. 

“You don’t even seem like a rape victim.” Tina said. 

“What do you mean?” I asked. 

“I mean like how those girls are on TV.” 

“Everyone is different and there’s no need for me to cry over something that happened twelve years ago.”

“So you were five years old when that happened?” Amanda quickly asked. 

“Yes.” 

“O.M.G. that’s sick. Why would you do that to an innocent child?” Tina said. 

“That’s why I have trust issues, but everything that I have been through has made me a stronger person.” I confessed. 

Tina tried to change the subject. 

“So... who’s Darion?” She questioned. 

“Wow, you were really into the conversation. Well if you must know he’s the guy who rescued me from the party from hell and he stayed with me in the hospital until I woke up.”

“So is he as cute as Charles?” Tina asked with a smile on her face. 

“You are just full of questions today aren’t you?” Amanda asked Tina. 

“Just curious and you act like you’re not interested.” Tina replied. 

“Yeah Amanda you know you want all of the juicy details too.” I joined in. 

“What?!” Amanda and Tina said at the same time. 

I started laughing. 

“Just joking, there are no juicy details.” 

“So what’s going on between you and this Darion guy?” Tina asked. 

“Do you really want to know the truth?” I asked. 

“Yeah!” They both replied.

I told the girls the whole story. 

“So after all Darion has done, you decided that you guys where better off as friends?” Tina questioned. 

“Yes.” I answered. 

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Amanda jumped in. 

“I agree with Amanda. It‘s not everyday that you meet a guy like that.” Tina said as she continued to stare at me. 

“I just didn’t want to be that girl who went with a guy and then broke up with him for his friend. That just isn’t a good look for me.” I admitted.

“I think that was a terrible mistake.” Amanda said as she continued to drive. 

“Why is that?” 

“Because it’s plain to see that he truly cares about you. Why would a guy go through all of that if he didn’t care?” Tina answered. 

“I agree. Besides, it’s not even like that. You broke up with that asshole because he tried to rape you.” Amanda explained. 

“I think you care too much about what people think. People are always going to talk, but you might have missed out on true love and you are gonna regret what you did sooner or later.” Amanda continued.