Chapter Twenty-Two: While on break...

I couldn’t believe my little sister London was already one today. She was growing so fast. She was walking, talking, and she loved giving people hugs and kisses, especially DJ. DJ was also growing pretty fast. He was only a few weeks away from being seven months. DJ was such a busy baby. He was crawling now and always getting into things. He was also trying to talk. His first word was baba. I was just waiting for the day he would say mama or dada.

My mother decided to have London’s first birthday party at home. Everyone showed up to celebrate. I had just finished changing DJ’s diaper when I heard someone knock on my bedroom door.

“Hey Jason. I didn’t expect you to come over today.” I said once I saw who it was.

“I thought I’d stop by since it was your sister’s birthday.”

“Well thank you for coming.”

“No problem. So what are you two up to in here?”

“Nothing. DJ just needed his diaper changed.” I answered.

Jason was about to say something when all of a sudden DJ yelled out ‘dada’.

“Oh my God! DJ just said dada! Say it again baby bear!” I said with a huge smile on my face.

“Baby bear huh?” Jason asked with a smirk.

“Spare me the smart comments because Andrew has already beat you to them.” I said trying not to smile.

“DJ can you say mama? Say mama.” I said holding DJ.

“Baba.” DJ replied just staring at me with eyes similar to Darion’s.

Jason began to laugh.

“I guess your name is going to be ‘baba’ for a while.” He said.

“Whatever.” I said rolling my eyes.

Jason, DJ, and I made it back outside where everyone else was. Andrew grabbed DJ out of my arms and began to play around with him. That gave me the chance to talk to Jason alone. We sat down in the lawn chairs away from everyone else.

“So how have you been since, well, you know?” Jason asked.

“Honestly, I’ve been keeping myself busy to keep my mind off of being away from Darion.” I admitted.

“You shouldn’t do that. You’re going to wear yourself out really fast.”

“I know, but thinking about the whole thing makes me sad. I couldn’t even look at him when I left.” I said trying to hold back the pain I’ve been feeling.

“Have you heard from him at all?”

“Yeah. He’s been calling nonstop. He wants me to come home, but I can’t.”

“Why not?”

“Because he needs to get himself together. And so do I.”

“I don’t get it. What did he do?”

“Jason, he’s jealous of you.” I confessed.

Jason looked surprised.

“He thinks that our friendship is threating our marriage.”

“What? Do you want me to talk to him?”

“No! Doing that will probably make things worst.”

Just as I said that I saw Darion walk out to the patio where everyone else was. I slowly stood up out of my seat as I continued to stare. Finally he looked my way. Then he looked behind me and saw Jason sitting there. Once Darion saw Jason his facial expression changed into anger as he shook his head and walked away. I began to run towards him as he walked back into the house.