Chapter Fourteen: Beware of Dog

The next day after everyone came home from our classes Brittany decided to have a room meeting with all of us. Everyone sat in the room with the three beds. Tina and I sat on her bed, Angel sat on her bed, Jessica sat on Brittany’s bed, and Brittany just stood in the middle of the room and began to speak. 

“Okay, so I called this meeting because last night things got out of hand. Obviously there’s a lot of tension between Jazlynn and Jessica for whatever reason. I think that since we’re all adults here we should just talk about the situation.” 

“What do you mean ‘we’ should talk about it?” Tina asked. 

“Not us. Just Jazlynn and Jessica.” Brittany answered. 

“What is there to talk about?” I asked. 

“I think that you two should just get it all out about how you feel about each other.” Brittany replied. 

It was silent for a moment. 

“Well, who’s going to go first?” Brittany asked. 

It was silent again. 

“Fine, I’ll go first.” I said as I stood up.

“Well when we first moved in here and I found out that Jessica was my roommate, I must admit that I was a little nervous about it.” 

I looked at Jessica. 

“Once you came up to me and hugged me I was a little relieved and shocked. I didn’t know if you knew that Darion and I were in a relationship.” 

“Of course I didn’t know. Do you think I would have treated you so nicely if I did?” Jessica interrupted. 

“Jessica, you’ll get your turn to speak.” Brittany assured. 

“No it’s okay; let her say what she has to say.” I said.

Jessica stood up. 

“What I don’t understand is how could you go out with one guy and then go out with his friend right after he dies. That just seems like a slut to me.” Jessica said looking me straight in the eyes.

I took a deep breath trying not to get mad. 

“Actually, Charles and I broke up before he died.” 

“You mean before he was murdered.” Jessica corrected. 

I looked down. 

“You know, honestly a part of me believes that you had something to do with it.” 

“Right, because I was friends with the guy who did it, or because he tried to rape me and I wanted him to pay the price. Trust me I heard it all before and I don’t care what others think anymore! The real murderer is in prison for life and he’s not getting out, thank God.” I lashed out.

Jessica was shocked. 

“I didn’t know he tried to do that to you. When did that happen?” 

“The night he through that house party.” I confessed. 

“That was the same night I broke up with Darion.” Jessica admitted. 

“Wait! You broke up with Darion but you consider me to be a backstabber because we’re together now!?! Obviously you didn’t want him and now you think you can just pop back into his life and x me out of the picture!”

“I did want Darion! I wanted him so bad!” Jessica said. 

“So why in the hell did you break up with him?”