Chapter Eighteen: Living proof

I just stared at myself in the mirror preparing for the big day. 

“I can’t believe that today is the day that I’ll be getting married to my high school sweetheart.” I said with excitement.

“I can’t believe that my babies are all grown up!” My mom said. 

“Well you still have London.” 

“Yeah but my first daughter is getting married today.” She replied as she began to get teary eyed. 

“Mommy please don’t start crying, you’re gonna make me cry, and then Tina is gonna kill me for messing up this makeup she put on me.” 

“You got that right.” Tina replied once she and Angel walked into the room. 

“I’m gonna leave now before I start crying. I’ll see you out there sweetie.” 

My mom kissed me on the cheek and then left the room. 

“Wow that dress looks beautiful on you.” Angel said. 

“Yeah, huge pregnant belly and all.” Tina joined. 

I smiled. 

“Thank you.” I replied.

“So are you nervous?” Angel asked. 

“No I’m excited! I’m about to marry my high school sweetheart and the father of my unborn child.”

“Good now that’s what I want to hear.” A familiar voice said. 

Everyone turned around to see who had just said that. 

“Oh my God, Amanda you made it!” I said once I saw who it was. 

I got up and walked towards the door to give Amanda a hug. 

Amanda just stared at my huge belly after we hugged. 

“Oh my God! Look at you! How many months are you?” 

“Almost eight.” I replied. 

“Wow!” 

Amanda said hi to all of the other girls and decided to catch up before the ceremony began. 

“I think it’s so romantic that you two decided to get married at the beach were you two made everything official.” Amanda said. 

“Yeah I mean I never wanted a huge wedding with all of my crazy family members there. I just wanted my close family and friends and so did Darion.” I replied. 

We continued to converse until my father came knocking on the door.

“Are you ready to go?” He said. 

“Yeah, I’m ready.” I replied. 

All of the girls gave me a hug and then left the room. 

“You look so beautiful my sweet angel.” My father said then gave me a hug. 

“Thank you daddy. I love you.” 

“I love you too.” 

We got ourselves together and the ceremony began. 

As my father and I walked down the isle I saw my friends smiling at me, I saw my cousin Kay and her family smiling, and as I got closer to my soon to be husband and the Priest I saw Darion’s parents smiling, and then I saw my brother, sister and my mother crying already. Everyone was smiling and once I finally laid eyes on Darion I saw him smiling as well. Once my father gave me away Darion and I stood hand and hand staring into each others eyes. We eventually said our vows, and ‘I do’, and we were officially a married couple.