Nine | Imposter

Aaron, Akira, and Soul made their way through the streets of Azure Village in search of the local Law House. After what happened a while before their arrival here, they thought it best to not leave Blake and his Arcanine alone. That was why they decided to leave Gallade, Lucario, and Akira's Lunatone with them in an infirmary. If either one woke up from their slumber and go berserk again, Lucario and Gallade could hold them down and Akira's Lunatone could put them back to sleep. Axel and Mark were the only ones who took their Pokémon with them on their own investigation.

While there, the squadron decided to split into two different groups. Axel and Mark would go around and ask the locals if they knew anything about what foreigners have been up to these days. They were to also investigate any spots where a fight may or may not have occurred. Meanwhile, Aaron, Akira, and Soul were going to have a chat with Leon Gardiner, the representative of Azure Village. He was the one who brought this problem up. It was only logical to assume he knew more about the people committing these disruptive acts.

Soul glanced back at her two teammates and noticed that Akira was deep in thought, though she had no clue on what about. All the blonde woman could assume was that he was concerned about Blake. Despite them being polar opposites, they remind Soul of how brothers would act; bickering with each other while at the same time keeping an eye out for one another without the other one realizing it.

"Akira," Soul called out. The white haired knight snapped out of his train of thoughts and looked over at her.

"Yes, Major?"

"Everything alright?" Soul rose an eyebrow.

"Y-Yeah..." he stuttered before dropping his gaze. "I'm just worried about Blake, that's all..."

The blonde woman placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, causing him to bring his gaze up at her. Soul's sea green eyes made contact with his brown optics. Akira hadn't noticed how unique the woman's eyes were until now.

"Don't worry, Akira. Blake is going to be just fine." She flashed him a reassuring smile. Akira slowly let a smile appear on his lips as he found himself believing in her words.

"You're right, as always." He nodded, seemingly completely convinced.

"Oh, I don't know about that, Akira," Aaron piped up, causing Soul to narrow her eyes at him. "Soul does have her fair share of wrong answers."

"Hahaha! Very amusing, Aaron," Soul replied, rolling her eyes at him. "Says the one who caught a cold because he believed that it wasn't going to rain that one day. What did you say again? A little rain won't hurt anyone?"

"... That was only one time," he defended himself, his cheeks becoming warm with embarrassment.

"Yeah, and you ended up in bed rest for a whole week after that." The blonde woman shook her head.

"Major," Akira called, catching Soul's attention. "I was wondering something."

"Yes?"

"Are you and Sir Aaron... y'know..."

"Friends?" Soul pushed, raising an eyebrow. She was praying to Arceus he wasn't going to bring up that cursed topic.

"Erm, I was thinking more like... intimate," Akira sheepishly corrected, earning him a groan from the blonde woman.

"I thought I'd escape that topic the moment I left the castle." She sighed.

"So, is that a yes?" Akira continued to question further. A tiny blush began to form on her cheeks. She moved her hand down to cover them.

"It's a no," she stated flatly.

"You do know that I'm right here, right?" Aaron questioned, earning him a glare from his fellow aura guardian.