Fifteen | Dark Tales (Part I)

"Okay, I think we'll stop here and call it a day," Soul ordered as they entered a clearing.

Akira sighed with relief and immediately dropped to her knees. Her legs were aching, her back was hurting, and her injury was adding onto the burden of walking. The bandages wrapped around it stopped the bleeding, but it still burned at random times. Not only that, but she was also starving and very sleepy. Who could blame her? They did walk for five hours straight without any breaks, courtesy of Soul's orders.

It was really dark out, letting the knights assume that it was passed midnight. Their next destination was Nebesa Town. It's location wasn't nearby, far from it actually. If Akira were to guess when they would be arriving if they kept up their current pace, they may arrive in three days or so. They had spent more time in Azure Village then they had anticipated, so it was understandable why Soul doesn't want to stop for a break.

"Thank Arceus!" Gallade exclaimed as he dramatically fell onto the soft ground. "I thought I was going to die!"

"From walking?" Soul questioned, crossing her arms over her chest and raising an eyebrow at her Pokémon.

"Duh!" he replied, to which the blonde woman rolled her eyes at.

"Don't think just because we've stopped means that we aren't going to work," she stated, in which pretty much everyone groaned at.

As much as Akira didn't want to admit it, she felt the same way. She was extremely tired from all the crap that went down today and as well as all the walking. There was nothing more that she wanted besides a damn break, but she didn't want to argue with Soul about this matter. Everyone knew that once she made up her mind, there's no way to change her decision. However, it seemed as though a certain blond goofball didn't quite understand that.

"But Major!" Blake whined, his Arcanine also whining. "I'm tired!"

"See?! I'm not the only one!" Gallade shouted, pointing childishly at the blond and his partner.

"Look," Soul started, narrowing her eyes at them. "I'm just as tired as you, but we still have to prepare this clearing. Unless you want to get mangled by an Ursaring, you listen to what I say. Got that?"

"Yes ma'am!" they shouted, looking rather intimidated.

"Good." Soul nodded. "Now go gather some firewood."

Nodding, Gallade and Blake hastily stood on their feet and ran deeper into the forest for firewood. Blake's Arcanine sighed before calmly getting on all fours and following his doofus master. Sometimes Akira wondered how the poor Pokémon was able to put up with Blake's idiocy. After seeing they were out of sight, Soul turned back to everyone else and gave them the same demanding look she gave to Gallade and Blake.

"Let's set up the camp. We have things to discuss right after."

• • •

Akira heavily sighed as she repeatedly brought her samurai sword down onto a log to try and cut it in half. Since the damn thing kept falling over while she did so, the white haired woman had Lunatone use Psychic to keep it in place. The log was almost cut down the middle, just a few more swings should split it completely. Sweat trailed down the side of her face and her arms burned from so much swinging. Akira used her uninjured arm to wipe away the sweat before going on.

With a loud cry, she brought her samurai sword up and swung it down with so much force. It was enough to finally break the log down the middle. Akira fell to her knees once again due to all the tiredness that consumed her. Once she recovered a bit, the white haired woman turned back around to Soul, who was setting up the fireplace.