Thirty Four | To the Beginning

About four months ago, a mission was given out to seek information regarding feuds between foreign knights that have been recorded in certain areas. Six knights and their Pokémon were assigned this mission and boy did it come with surprises. They had quite the adventure, but the moment they entered the castle's gates, the mission would come to an end. So many things have happened while on this mission, but thankfully they were able to gather so much information. Soul left Rota feeling unprepared to lead a group of skilled and unique individuals, but now she was coming back with friends.

Unfortunately, she lost a friend while on this crazy mission. However, his death never went in vain. Mark was a good man. Hopefully he's living peacefully up in the heavens. It still bothered her that she wasn't able to save him on time, but now there was no changing the past because all she could do now was live in the present. He'd forever be missed.

While on this crazy mission, Soul discovered so many things she had no idea even existed. The history of the Ethereal Sphere was definitely among the most unbelievable thing she found out. What was even more shocking news to her was that the Ethereal Sphere was right under her nose this entire time. This legendary treasure was the root of this feud between the two nations, yet none have acquired knowledge on it. It was fine because now that she knew she was in possession of such thing, she could keep it safe from the greed of others.

As the the squadron walked through the field of green grass, Soul was able to see the familiar structure that was the Cameran Palace. Words couldn't describe how happy and relieved she felt when she noticed how close they were to home. The blonde woman would be lying if she said she didn't miss it through the four months she's been gone. She missed her home and the people she was close to: Queen Rin and Roman. This was the place where she belonged.

A place she could call her home.

The bright blue sky made the sun shine its holy light brightly, creating such a serene atmosphere. The squadron neared the castle's entrance. From here, Soul could see the bored faces of the knights who were on guard duty. Their bored expressions soon turned into one of shock the moment their eyes gazed toward the squadron. One of them snapped out of their trance and nudged the other one, telling him something afterwards.

After that, he quickly ran into the castle, most likely to inform everyone of their return. The squadron arrived at the gate and the knight didn't hesitate to allow them entry as he bowed in respect. Once they passed the gate, the squadron entered the Cameran Palace. Many knights had already gathered in the lobby of the castle: some shocked, others proud while the rest remained with their robotic demeanor.

"Everyone, make way! Queen Rin, Father Malcolm, and General Hayes are coming!"

Upon hearing the command, the knights all parted, making a pathway for them to go through. There, Soul could see all three of them making their way toward them, accompanied by the knight from the gate and as well as an old friend that she missed. Roman's eyes widened in shock when he saw her, but he continued to keep himself professional. They all came to a halt once they were a few feet in front of them. The blonde woman took a step forward and saluted to her superiors, taking charge as leader of this squadron.

"We have returned from our mission and brought back intel just as you informed us," Soul reported. General Hayes stepped forward, his face still holding that strict demeanor she didn't necessarily miss.

"Hand it all over and I shall relieve you all from the mission," he spoke.

With an "aye sir", Soul dropped her hand from the salute and fished out the two notebooks from her backpack. The moment these notebooks were in his hands, they'd all be done with this mission. Without hesitation, the blonde woman handed them over to General Hayes. He took them from her hand and saluted back to her.