Thirteen | Knighthood

"Akira..." Blake mumbled in disbelief as he watched the white haired knight charge at him once again with his samurai sword.

The blond knight used his armor covered arm to block the sharp blade from hitting his shoulder, sending a loud clank ringing about in the air. Before Blake had time to make any sudden movement, Akira sent a kick his way. Blake tried to block it, but his opponent's strength was too much for him to withstand. Blake knew Akira put all his strength and effort into that kick because there's no way he could overpower the blond knight so easily. Blake landed back on the marbled floor with a loud thud, his sword sliding away from him upon his fall.

Before he could stand up to retrieve his sword, Akira points his samurai sword at Blake's neck. The blond knight looked up at him, his blue eyes making contact with his brown eyes that were void of any emotion. His lips tugged down into a saddened frown. This wasn't the Akira he'd known since boot camp. The Akira he knew would never point his sword at his friend.

"Akira, what's gotten into you?!" Blake yelled, his voice having a timorous tone.

The white haired knight bit his lip and avoided eye contact. Though he may not notice, he's completely nervous. The hand holding the weapon was shaking, causing the entire weapon to shake.

"Nothing's wrong with me!" he snapped forcefully, the tip of the blade barely touching Blake's neck.

A small bead of sweat ran down the side of his face as he watched Akira's eyes try to glare at him. As Blake look into his brown eyes, he could easily read them like an open book. He could easily see desperation and anxiety whirling around in those brown optics. Before he could open his mouth to question his best friend, someone tackled Akira to the ground. Blake got up with the help of Arcanine and saw that it was Axel who had knocked him away from the blond knight.

Akira easily shoved the black haired knight away from him and got back onto his feet again. He held his samurai sword tightly and swung at Axel, striking the gap in his shoulder that wasn't protected by his armor. Axel cried out in pain and fell to his knees, placing a hand on his now bloodied shoulder. Blake's eyes widened when he looked at the blade of Akira's samurai sword.

That weapon was not suppose to be stained with the blood of his comrade!

Axel's Houndoom ran to his master's side, looking at him with worry. Once the canine's eyes landed on his master's injury, Houndoom stood in front of him and snarled viciously at Akira, ready to kill him if needed. Taking this as an open opportunity, Mark charged at their new enemy, his large twin machetes ready to slice him up. Akira's eyes widened in fear, but he managed to block what would've been a fatal blow. However, this was just to distract him.

Mark's Mightyena snuck up behind him and chomped down on Akira's right arm. The white haired knight grunted, but even still, he tried to shake the Bite Pokémon off of him. However, they all knew that with Mightyena's strength, it was pointless. Based on the look of pain he held on his face, Akira might be starting to give in. A pang of sadness hit Blake's heart seeing his best friend in pain.

Eventually, Mightyena let go of Akira's arm, its fangs tainted with crimson blood. Akira held his bloodied arm closer to him as sweat dripped down from his forehead. Sensing as if he was no longer able to battle, Mark returned his twin machetes into their sheaths and walked toward Akira, his Mightyena walking along side him for protection.

"Akira," he called his name, disappointment clear in his tone. "How could you?"

Blake could visibly see the white haired knight flinch at that question, which left him quivering slightly. He looked so vulnerable and so weak. Akira was never like this. This wasn't the Akira who called Blake an idiot whenever he didn't keep up. This wasn't the Akira that tried to rival him in who could get the higher rank. This wasn't the Akira who Blake made friends with.