XI

"Keith, are you done?" Lance yelled. Keith exited the bathroom and slowly walked downstairs. "When do you want me to leave?"

Lance gave him a confused look. "Listen, Keith. I won't kick you out like that. I'm the one who made the decision to bring you here."

Keith sat down and Lance handed him a plate. "Pidge told me you like this. I hope I made it OK." He ate in silence, but Lance noticed the tears when Keith handed the finished plate back.

"Was it that bad?" Lance sighed, wishing he didn't cook it in the first place. "N-No. . . it was really good."

Lance set the plate in the dishwasher and looked at Keith. He was smaller than he anticipated, but was definitely more handsome in person than in any photo.

Keith thought similarly. He didn't expect Lance to be as tall as he was and he, too, thought Lance was much more handsome in person.

"I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble. . ." Lance sat down beside Keith. "Keith, it's fine. Sometimes your emotions get the better of you and you just need to get rid of them in certain ways."

Lance's eyes widened as Keith wrapped his arms around him. He could hear Keith crying, but decided it would be best to remain silent.

"I spoke to Pidge and they said they're sorry for what happened." Keith rested his head on Lance's chest.

"I probably should apologize for how I reacted." Lance tried not to focus on Keith otherwise he'd be able to notice Lance's fast heart beat.

"Give it time. Both of you are still recuperating from the event."
"Recuperating? That's a big word, Lance."

Keith let out a laugh whilst Lance let out a small chuckle, unsure of whether to be offended or not.

Lance watched as Keith produced a genuine smile and a knock on the door ruined the happy atmosphere.