III

Lance waited twenty minutes for his suitcase. Although he was bored and scared it wouldn't show up, he was more concerned about meeting Hunk in fear that there would be tension.

He grabbed his blue bag with his distinctive shark keyring off the conveyer belt and then walked through the one way gate.

This was it.

This was his future.

He saw Hunk immediately.

Hunk saw Lance immediately. However, Hunk was by himself. Lance wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing.

"Hey." Hunk said.
"Hey. . ." Lance managed.
"It's probably best we talk in the car."

And, without another word, Hunk turned around. They walked ahead together, but Hunk told Lance to get in the car while he paid for the ticket.

Once Hunk entered the car he wasted no time in asking the question Lance dreaded the most.

"Why did you break up with Keith?"

Lance sat in silence momentarily before giving a response. "My family were against the thought of me dating a guy so when they found out I was dating Keith they were so angry. I was scared he'd end up in danger."

Hunk sighed. "Is that the only reason?"
"No. Neither of us are good at this long distance relationship thing. So on top of Keith and I being in danger, we wouldn't have even been able to visit each other."

After a few minutes of silence Hunk spoke up. "Keith was really upset, you know. He hardly ate, hardly spoke and I can't even remember the last time he's smiled."

Lance broke down in tears. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I didn't. I didn't- I really didn't!"

Hunk reached over and passed some tissues to Lance. "Lance, do you still love Keith?"
"I don't know. He's always on my mind and I miss him, but-"
"But what?"
"I'm not cut out for relationships."

Hunk released a stressed sigh and he knew he was in for a whole new situation.

[•×•×•×•×•×•×•]

They reached Hunk's house and Lance headed to the toilet. As he was in there Hunk messaged Pidge to try and figure out what to do.

 As he was in there Hunk messaged Pidge to try and figure out what to do

At that moment, Lance walked downstairs and asked Hunk who he was texting

At that moment, Lance walked downstairs and asked Hunk who he was texting. "My friend Shay." He lied.