XVI

"You two are what?"  Pidge squealed, clutching onto their plushie of Matt. "Woah, Pidge, calm down. What are they screaming about?" Hunk intervened.

Lance's face turned a bright red and he started twiddling with his fingers. "Well, it's. . ." Keith waited for Lance to tell Hunk the news.

"Basically. . ." Lance looked over at Keith for help and Pidge let out a small chuckle. "Keith's kind of. . . Keith and I-"
"Oh, you're finally dating? Good for you two."

Lance's eyes widened. "It was that obvious?"
"Well, not really. We suspected it, but your body language and stuttering pretty much gave it away."

Keith smirked and Pidge took a cookie from the baking tray Hunk carried in. "How long have the two of you been going out, then?"
"Just under a week."

Keith's phone buzzed and he excused himself from the room. "So, tell us how it happened."
"Well, remember when Shiro asked him out? He asked me to pretend to be his 'fake boyfriend' and then we just kind of kissed and confessed."

Pidge grabbed their phone and started a call with Matt to tell him the news. Meanwhile, Keith called Lance into the kitchen.

"Shiro called. He says he wants to meet me for coffee to discuss whether you and I are really compatible. I told him that we are and that I don't want coffee, but he's not taking no for an answer."

Lance placed a quick kiss on Keith's lips and asked to speak to Shiro. Keith sighed and phoned Shiro before sitting down on the table.

"Listen, Shiro, Keith and I are very happy with each other. He feels really uncomfortable with you constantly trying to ruin our relationship be-"
"Oh, he hung up."

Lance returned Keith's phone to him and they entered the living room again. "Is everything OK?" Hunk asked.

"They were probably making out in the kitchen. No biggie." Pidge joked. "Everything is fine. And, no, Pidge, we were not making out."
"Are you sure about that, Lance." Keith said as he rested his head on Lance's shoulder.