XII

Lance walked to the door and hesitantly unlocked it. On the other side was a familiar Pidge, but two complete strangers.

"Can we come in?" Pidge asked whilst trying to take in as much warmth as possible.

Lance awkwardly invited them inside and the taller boy ran off to Keith when he saw him. "Keith, I was worried sick."

Lance watched them exchange a hug. "Sorry for worrying you, Hunk. I didn't mean it."

A slightly smaller guy looked at Lance and sighed. "Don't you dare hurt Keith. I don't trust you and I never will."
"You must be Shiro."

Shiro gave Lance a glare and then demanded to talk in private with him. Keith didn't notice their disappearance and spent most of their absense apologising to Pidge and Hunk.

Lance was upstairs with Shiro and the two were arguing over Keith. Lance didn't understand why Shiro was as stressed as he was, but it terrified Lance to an extent.

"Listen here. Keith has been my best friend since long before we met and I do not want you ruining this."

Shiro pushed Lance and walked downstairs. "Keith, there's something I need to tell you."

Lance stood at the top of the stairs and focused on Shiro and Keith. Hunk and Pidge were also intrigued.

"We've known each other for a long time now. . ." Lance gulped. He knew exactly what was going to happen.

He resisted the urge to just leave or kick everyone else out. He felt stupid. After all, he should have known Keith wouldn't possibly be willing to date him after what happened.

'The situation with Pidge was just a misunderstanding. Keith didn't love me. It was all a misunderstanding.' These thoughts flooded Lance's head.

"Is there something you need to tell me, Shiro?" Keith countered. "Please go out with me."

There it was. Lance mentally beat himself up in the process of waiting for Keith to accept. "Shiro . . . I'm grateful you feel that way, but I can't accept."

Shiro was enraged. He didn't expect Keith to turn him down.

Hunk was trying to wrap his head around Shiro even confessing. He didn't pin Shiro as the romantic type.

Pidge wasn't surprised. They knew why Keith rejected Shiro.

Lance froze. His jaw dropped as he witnessed the rejection.

Shiro nodded and left without a word. Hunk and Pidge exchanged looks and ran out after him.

"Why didn't you accept?" Lance asked. Keith let out a long exhale. "I would feel bad. I don't like him romantically."

Lance locked the front door once again and turned to Keith. "I'm going to sleep. You can stay up if you want."

I NEED SUPPORT DID Y'ALL SEE THE SEASON 3 TEASER

I
AM
CONCERNED
ABOUT
LANCE

SAVE ME