VI

Keith instantly grabbed his phone out from his pocket and phoned Lance. The call went through, but he never picked up. "Try texting him. I think he wants to talk? He declined my calls, at least." Hunk said.

"Hey, Pidge?" Keith asked. "Does that mean that Lance still loves me?"
"Of course, you idiot. You two need to talk it out and then make out."

He sighed and texted Lance.

"I think he's coming back? He says we can talk in private

"I think he's coming back? He says we can talk in private." Keith told his friends. They waited ten minutes and Lance walked back into the milkshake bar.

His eyes were teary, red and puffy. Keith felt his stomach drop. "Do you want a milkshake?" Hunk asked, waving the menu.

Lance walked over and looked at the flavours before choosing one. Hunk stood up and ordered it, allowing Lance to sit directly in front of Keith.

"I'm so sorry, Lance. Do you want to go to my house after this? I'll explain everything you want me to." Lance nodded his head as a response and Pidge gave him a side hug. "It's great to have you back, man. Things have really sucked since you left."

Hunk slid beside Keith and handed Lance his milkshake. lance gave a small "thank you" to him and slowly drank his milkshake.

Pidge tried to lighten the mood for Lance. "What flavour did you order? I don't recognize it."
"I think it's the Pike? I don't really remember."

Lance let Pidge try some milkshake and Keith tried some of Hunk's. They all sat there in an awkward silence, the outside now beginning to rain.

"I didn't bring a coat!" Pidge complained. "I'll drive you home. My car's around the corner." Hunk offered. Pidge shot him a toothy grin as gratitude.

"I'll drive you two back to Keith's, too. It looks like there's going to be a storm."

Within five minutes they were all in Hunk's car. Pidge was the first to be dropped off and after twenty minutes they reached Keith's house.

They ran in, trying to avoid the downpour of rain. Lance turned the light on as Keith locked the door.

"If you like Lotor I won't be angry with you."
"Lance. I already said I'm not in love with him. Pidge told me to do it so we didn't have to pay for our ice cream. That's the truth."

Keith set the keys on the desk near the door. "Why does it bother you so much if I do like him, Lance? You broke up with me."
"I don't know. I'm not sure why I ran away from Cuba or why I'm running away from you."

Keith turned to face him. "Did you come back for me?"

Lance's eyes widened. He wanted to say no, but he couldn't think of any other reason why he came back. Did he come back for Keith?

Lowering his head slightly he answered. "I think I did. I don't know."
"Well, you must have had some reason to come back."
"I don't know what I want."

Keith's head filled with what Pidge said.

Lance loves you.

You love Lance.

Tell him.

Remind him.

Take him back.

"Lance, I . . ."

Tell him.

He'll feel the same way.

Don't be scared.

Keith looked up at the Cuban boy. His eyes were empty. He looked for the deep blue he fell in love with, but he knew that Lance had become so lost in himself that they were no longer there.

Keith gulped. He wanted to confess.

He wanted to make this moment revolutionary.

He wanted his Lance back.

Keith rushed over to Lance and kissed him.

"Lance, I never stopped loving you."