XIII

Keith remained downstairs as Lance made his way upstairs. He took out his phone and messaged Pidge.

KoganeKeith: Pidge

KoganeKeith: is Shiro ok

Pidgeon: I think so?

Pidgeon: he said he wanted to be with Hunk

KoganeKeith: oh

Pidgeon: listen

Pidgeon: you should tell Lance about how you feel

KoganeKeith: it's not that easy Pidge

KoganeKeith: I don't even know if I actually like him

Pidgeon: we can play seven minutes in heaven

KoganeKeith: Pidge no

Pidgeon: Pidge yes

KoganeKeith: that idea is doomed

Pidgeon: fine -_-

Pidgeon: just tell him then

Keith stopped replying to Pidge and let out a breath. He went to Lance and sighed. "Lance, where do I sleep?"
"There are spare rooms if you want to go in them, but it's your choice."

Keith spent a considerate amount of time debating. "When will your parents get back from the road trip?"
"I don't know."
"Is there a possibility they could return soon?"

Lance groaned and rang his father. His father said that they won't be home for at least two more days.

"You speak Spanish?"
"Yeah. I'm from Cuba."
"That's so cool. What was it like?"

Keith sat on the bed beside Lance as Lance began flicking through an old photo album. The photos made both Lance and Keith smile.

"You look like you had a really good childhood."
"I did. I'm quite grateful."

There was a momentary silence. "Do you have any childhood photos, Keith?"
"No."

Lance leaned back. "I kind of wish I didn't. It's a very weird experience knowing that all of that is in the past, yet, somehow, only relevant to my emotions now."

Keith looked at Lance. "I don't like thinking about my past. I haven't had the best of childhoods." Lance opened his eyes slightly to see Keith.

"I'll try and make your teenage years better." Keith didn't notice the tears falling until Lance questioned him about them.

Keith wiped them away quickly. "I'm just so happy. . ." he mumbled. Lance set the photo album on the beside table beside him and turned to Keith once more.

"Where are you going to sleep?"