XVII

lance and Keith leave Pidge and Hunk a few hours later. As they were walking down the street Keith suddenly stopped. "What's up?" Lance asked.

"Lance, look," Keith said, "it's a milkshake store. Can we go?" They walked in together and Keith ordered. "Can I have two Tutti-Frutti milkshakes?"

He paid for the milkshakes and they left. "hey, this milkshake's pretty good." Lance admitted. Keith took a sip of his drink ad Lance continued with an, "although, you taste better."

At this Keith spat out his drink. "Oh my goodness, Lance." Lance gave him a smirk and drank more. "hey, what's the name of the milkshake bar?"
"Coran-tenecker."
"What a strange name."
"It's by the same company as Coran-ic."
"You're joking, Keith."
"Am not."

They walked up to Weblum Park and finished their milkshakes. "I'll text you when I'm away, OK?" Lance said, more emotional than usual.

"Yeah. I'll be waiting for a message." Keith continued, holding back tears. Lance kissed Keith for a brief moment. "Maybe next time I go you can come along. I'm sure my family would love to meet you."

They looked out to the lake and Keith spoke up. "Be careful out there, please."
"Don't worry, Keith. I'm THE Lance McClain after all."
"I know your name."
"But, Keith, please stay away from Shiro."
"Are you saying I'm going to meet him behind your back?"
"No, it's not that. It's just he knows I'm going to be gone and he might try and use that against me. I trust you, but I don't trust him."

At that moment, Lance's phone rang. "My Mum is calling- Mamá?" He nods and says something to her. "Hey, Keith, my Mum's going to drop you off home. She has something to give you, too, apparently."

After a minute or two Lance hangs up and they walk down to the car park. "Are you nervous about going, Lance?"
"yeah, but I'm seeing family so it'll be worth it."