XV

"It'll only be until Shiro gives up on me." Keith pleaded. Lance stared blankly at Keith as he tried to form a response. He was unsure whether he should actually confess his true feelings or to go along with the plan.

"Sure. Let me know when he gives up." Lance said with a hint of envy in his voice. "Thanks, Lance."

Lance sat beside Keith and they continued to watch more M*A*S*H to pass the time. During the course of the next episode Keith received at least three dozen texts; the majority being from Shiro.

He had received a few messages from Hunk and Pidge because Shiro told the group chat about Lance and Keith "dating."

Coran also sent a long message on relationships and useful advice.

"Hey, Lance, should I tell Pidge or Hunk about the dating being, you know. . . fake?"
"I don't think so. Wait until they find out on their own."

The room went silent for a while until Keith spoke up. "Do you miss your family when they're on the road trips?"
"To an extent."

Lance turned to face Keith. "Since there are so many in the family it's easy for me to get ignored. I'm kind of just there; a person who helps around the house when needed and nothing more."

He tried to hold back his tears, only letting a few fall. "Like, I know my family love me and care for me, but I can't help but feeling excluded."
"You have me, Hunk and Pidge, now Lance. We're all here for you."

Lance let the tears fall as he argued with Keith. "You can't say that! I was best friends with Pidge before they left me for four years. The only reason I got a message back was because of you!"

Keith paused the TV. "That won't happen again, Lance. I promise."
"You won't. As soon as Shiro gives up on wanting to date you I'll be discarded of."
"That isn't true, Lance!"
"You can't prove it, Keith!"

Keith sighed. "You're right, I can't. However, I can try and you can decide whether you believe me or not."

Slowly, he moved his hands and placed them on Lance's cheeks. Before Lance could ask about it Keith had kissed him.

Lance wanted to kiss back, but Keith stood up and looked to the ground. "I'm sorry, I-"

He stopped himself and looked to Lance. He was blushing immensely and tried to hide it by covering his face with his hands.

"Don't be, unless you didn't mean to kiss me."
"I, uh-"
"Did you even want to kiss me?"
"Lance."

Lance looked up at Keith and Keith used this opportunity to peck Lance on the lips. "Did that answer your question?"

Lance nodded slightly and smiled. "Yeah. It did."

----