Chapter 16: Bad News

Fluttershy's POV
I rode my bike all the way to Jewel's mansion, hoping that she's not cutting herself again.

Yeah, she cuts herself. I once caught her doing that when I went to visit her in Appleoosa, she said that her boyfriend broke up with her and that it was the only way to ease the pain.

Though, she promised me that she'll never do that again, but I still don't think I could trust her with that, depression can control her sometimes and she doesn't even notice it.

When I saw the gates of the mansion, I threw my bike along with my helmet and ran to her room. Everyone was there! Vivian, Sunflower, Strawberry Sunrise, Skyler, Gary, Speedy, Blue Skies, Aunt Jade, Uncle Jackson and a lot more!

''Excuse me..." I said, they turned to me and made a path for me to the room, I knocked three times before calling out to her.

She opened the door just a crack and looked at me, she opened the door a bit more, wide enough for me to step inside. I looked at the people outside and smiled at them. "Don't worry everyone, I'll try my best." I said, reassuring them. They gave a nod and let me do what I needed to do.

(Play the video now)

I closed the door behind me and sat next to Jewel, who was crying her eyes out. I have no idea why she's crying. "Jewel... Why did you call me here? Why are you crying?" I asked, I sat next to her as she was curled up on her bed. "What happened at the hospital?" I'm really worried, if she's crying so hard right now, it must be bad, real bad.

"F-Fluttershy... My life has a deadline... I won't live to see the day that we will go to Applewood.... I'm so sorry Fluttershy! I'm so sorry!" She shouted as she cried. I felt tears prick my eyes and soon started flowing down my cheeks, she has a deadline!? She's gonna die? When? "I only have 3 more years to live Flutters... But we still can't go... C-cause I have my sickness... I-I thought that it would be gone by the t-time that we'll be able to go to Applewood.... B-but I guess I was wrong! I'm so sorry!"

"What're you talking about Jewel!? I would rather have you here beside me, than have t-to go to Applewood without you. Y-you're my cousin, and I-I wouldn't want anyone else to be you... I don't care if we don't e-ever go to Applewood, I j-just want you to live Jewel, I just want you to live! I can't ever imagine you in a coffin! Jewel, w-we'll find a cure, I swear, we will."

I stuttered as tears furiously ran down my cheeks, I hugged her as tight as I could. Remembering the promise we made when we were kids.

Flashback...
"Fluttershy?"

Applejack called to me. I looked at her as we sat on the swings, and started swaying. "Yeah?"

"Did you ever wanted to go to Applewood?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm planning on taking you there, we are cousins after all, I promise Fluttershy, when my heart is finally cured, I'll take you there."

"Really? Thank you Applejack! Thank you! And I promise you that I'll be here for you no matter what happens, I'll be here Jewel."

"Thanks Fluttershy."

We locked our pinki fingers and laughed as the sun setted behind the hill.

End of flashback...

"Jewel, I promised you that no matter what happens, I'll be here for you. I'm your cousin Jewel, you're more important than going to Applewood."

I said, tears still flowing down and hugging Jewel, as she cried. "I also promised you we'll go!"

"You promised that when you're heart is healed, we'll go. It can't be forced Jewel, as much as I want to go, I want you to be alive even more, I don't want to visit your grave whenever I miss you, I want to visit you personally, I want to hug you and tell you everything that has happened and that you'll smile and be proud. I want to see your smile, I want to see you alive. You're my family Jewel, you're like the sister I never had, I swear, you're not gonna die, we'll find a cure for you, we'll stay strong."

"There's no cure Fluttershy... There's no cure."

"Don't say that, we'll find a cure even if it kills me. I will help you go through this Jewel, we are one, we are united, we are two peas in a pod..." I held her hand as she kept crying. "We are family, and nothing will ever tear us apart!"

"Thank you Fluttershy... Thank you so much." She whispered. "I don't know what I'll do without you, I love you cousin..."

"I love you too..."

We hugged as tight as we could, tears still flowing down on both of our cheeks. I'm gonna find a cure for my cousin, and no one will stop me.

The times we stayed together, the times we shared, the times we laughed together, cried together, I won't just let that go! I love my cousin, she stood up for me when I needed her the most, now it's time for me to return the favor... I have to be the one who needs to be strong for both of us... I will fight for you cousin....

I will fight...