Third Entry

Words Count: 1770 words.

Time published: June 11, 2017 - 5:22 AM

Enjoy!

*

My cousin Chanyeol and her girlfriend Eunji visited me yesterday and they were still so sweet as usual. I'm so happy I had someone to talk to the whole day because I'm kind of bored talking to my parents. I'm also kind of distancing myself to them because I feel and believe that they're hiding something from me.

I can read their eyes which I'm good at before, I guess.

They're hiding something from me and I have to know that soon.

My Mom didn't want me to own a cellphone nor use the computer or internet.

I don't really get them.

But I'm thankful that they let me own a television inside my room though I still felt bored. Heck, I want to go out of my comfort zone.

I'm currently watching Tom and Jerry inside my room with a bag of chips, drinks and teddy bear beside me. I'm getting fat because all I did was eat, sleep, watch, eat, sleep...

Tom and Jerry makes me laugh so hard. I know I'm old enough to watch cartoons but it's somewhat more worth my time than those action movies. I was too engrossed in watching Tom and Jerry's childish but cute fight that I didn't notice the commotion downstairs.

I quickly turn off the television and scurry downstairs.

I saw my Mom and Dad outside the house talking to someone. But it wasn't a kind of "talk" if my Dad is literally shouting and my Mom holding his arm tight as if stopping Dad to punch the visitor.

"Mom, Dad, what's happening here?" I ask making their heads turn at me. I look at my Mom then to my Dad until my gaze landed to the visitor.

Dug dug. Dug. Dug dug.

"H-Hayoung..." The guy mutters.

My heart stops beating for a second when I hear his voice. He seems familiar to me but I didn't know him, I don't know who he is.

"Hayoung." He says before he walks toward me. He has some fresh wounds on his face. He's having a hard time walking so I, without thinking, bring my feet near him only to be stopped by my Dad.

"Dad..."

"You!" My Dad points a finger at the guy's face, wearing the look that I didn't know he has. My Dad seems to be a different person at the moment.

"Go away! We don't want to see your face anymore!" Dad says, fuming in anger. My Mom just cries beside him still holding his arms.

The guy doesn't even spared my Dad a glance instead he's looking intently at me—his focus is on me as if checking my whole being.

"D-Do I...know you, mister?" I ask, voice shaking.

As if on cue, tears fell down his cheeks making his wounds get wet. He looks in pain and I'm really worried for him. How can I be worried for someone I don't even know?

"Dad, he's in pain. Shouldn't we let him in to treat his wounds? I—"

"NO! WE DON'T KNOW THIS GUY!" He says, his eyes blazing in fire when he looks at me.

"But Dad—"

"—Go to your room, Hayoung!"

I didn't move my feet as I look back at the guy with worried eyes. I'm mentally asking him if he's alright until I felt a grip on my arms forcing me to get inside the house.