Eight Entry

*

Ever since that kiss happened, Hayoung can't erase the smile on her face. It's been a week but the feeling is still there. She could still feel Sehun's soft lips against hers and she thinks that the kiss is the best moment of her life so far ever since the accident.

However, the good vibe inside her doesn't slip off from her parents. Mrs. Oh is happy to see her daughter all smiley though she doesn't know the reason why while Mr. Oh feels something is wrong, something is off.

"Young-ie," Mr. Oh calls in the middle of their dinner. Hayoung looks up from her food, still wearing that smile that bothers her father.

"How are you doing?"

"Oh." Hayoung wipes the side of her mouth with the tissue. "I'm doing good, dad! Like really good!"

Her mother laughs, sending her daughter the same bright smile she has. Mr. Oh bites the inside of his cheek.

"Oh well, that's good. Mind to tell me why you've been acting all smiley these days?" He asks, masking up a smile.

Hayoung blinks. "It's because... because of the movie I've watched the last last day. The movie is pretty good yeah and... because Chanyeol oppa called me last night."

Mr. Oh squints his eyes. "Chanyeol called you last night? How?"

Hayoung's eyes widen. Her heart beating in panic mode. Shit. She should've just end her explanation at the movie.

Find a way out. Find a way out.

"Hayoung, answer your dad!" Hayoung gulps at the loud voice of her father.

"I-I can't sleep last night so I decided to watch TV in the living room... C-Chanyeol happened to visit here but you and mom were already asleep s-so I... we talked for a while."

"Chanyeol visited here? In the middle of the night? Huh." Mr. Oh doesn't look like he's believing her lies thus Hayoung feels either it's already the end of her life or her time with Sehun.

"Hon, call and ask Chanyeol if he went here around ten. I have a feeling your daughter is lying." Hayoung ducks her head down, now the sadness overcoming the happiness that's been keeping her lively.

"A-Alright," Mrs. Oh dials Chanyeol's number and not until three rings the giant answered.

[Yes, Aunt?]

Mrs. Oh swallows the saliva forming in her throat while watching her daughter fiddles with her fingers in an obvious nervousness manner. She knows exactly why Hayoung is acting like that.

She presses the phone close to her ear so that only she could hear their conversation. "Hello, Chanyeol. I just want to ask if you visited here last night around ten?"

There's a seconds of silence so she looks at her husband who's waiting for her answer. She looks back at her daughter who's now looking at her with hope and fear combined in her eyes.

Then Chanyeol answers. [No, Aunt.]

Mrs. Oh ends the call.

"So, was your daughter telling the truth?" Her husband asks as soon as the call ended.
Without looking back at him, Mrs. Oh answers. "Chanyeol said yes. He went here last night and said that we were already sleeping so he talked to Hayoung for few minutes." After that, she could hear the sound of relief that leaves her husband's mouth.

Hayoung is no different. The smile comes back in her face knowing that she's already safe from her father's interrogation. Why Chanyeol said yes, Hayoung doesn't know but one thing is for sure she'll have to thank him twice or thrice. Chanyeol really is her savior and she would give the 'best cousin in the whole wide world' without hesitation.