Fifth Entry

*

The silence is screaming at Hayoung and so at Sehun. They're sitting on the both side of the bed with the black teddy bear in between the long distance.

Hayoung sways her feet in the air, biting her lower lip and thinking hard of something good to say to start a conversation. She turns her head slowly to look at Sehun but seeing that the guy is staring at her, she quickly averts her gaze and clears her throat.

Fuck. Why is it so awkward?!

Sehun's chuckles resonate the room and next thing Hayoung knows, the distance between them is already gone and Sehun is already beside her, their arms brushing comfortably with each other.

"Hey..." Sehun starts.

"H-Hey..." Hayoung replies, cheeks blushing and heart pounding because of the proximity.

Put yourself together, Hayoung.

"Why are you so shy in front of me but so blunt when I'm on the phone?" Sehun asks, playfully bumping her shoulder to lighten the atmosphere.

He wants to seize the moment of course. It's been a while since they sit beside each other this close and alone.

"S-Sorry," Hayoung clears her throat before looking up at him, her cheeks flushing red again when their nose almost bump into each other, "It's...just that...I'm a little bit shy b-because I don't know anything 'bout you to say that you're my best friend and uh, I also don't know how to act when you're around like before. I-I'm sorry..."

Sehun's sigh can be heard when she looks down. He wraps his arm around Hayoung's shoulder that has her eyes widening and heart pounding fast with the action.

Sehun smells nice.

Shit. Don't sniff him, Hayoung.

"I understand. You don't have to be conscious when I'm around though. I lo--I mean, I liked you before because you're true to yourself so just act natural and free, hm?" He says so sweetly Hayoung feels her heart melting. She shyly leans her head against his broad shoulder and lets out a chuckle.

"Is this fine?" She asks, already closing her eyes.

"Yes. More than fine." He replies in her hair. Sehun starts to comb her hair with his fingers, smiling to himself because he held his Hayoung again in his arms after so long.

"Lee Sehun..." Sehun momentarily stops, waiting for her continuation.

Hayoung looks at him and Sehun suddenly feels the loss of warmth.

"You're a liar." The words caught Sehun off guard. He gulps, opening his mouth to speak but closes anyway when he can't find his voice.

"Does she already remember me?"

"Does she already know that I'm not her best friend but boyfriend?"

"Oh fuck, you're screwed Sehun."

"Lee is not your surname, right?"

Sehun blinks twice. "Uhm, yes."

"Then why did you lie?" She asks, eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"H-How did you know?" He asks back making Hayoung throws a light punch on his shoulder.

"Don't answer me with another question, OH SEHUN!" She shouts and dabs a finger to his chest. Hayoung stands up and faces Sehun who's now unable to move at the moment as he stares at her with wide eyes.