Chapter 1: Helen Otis

(N/N) = NICKNAME

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helen's POV
I am sitting in class at the back, as usual. For some reason, I am sketching a picture of the back of an antique bench surrounded by lush gum trees and shrubs, and the occasional wild flower popping up in between leaves and cracks of empty page. The scenery is actually a real place but it looks too perfect to actually exist. Right now I feel like I'm somewhere between reality and fantasy. The reality is the sting of glares on my back, the rumours and the soreness from cuts and bruises all over. The fantasy is sitting on that bench, listening the birds chirping and not having a care in the world. They are two completely different things, yet they are both happening at once.

'This always happens just ignore them' I reassure myself, 'well at least they aren't throwing paper and other small objects at me'.

Something tells me that today was just gonna be as bad like the rest of the school days. Ever since Tom's death the bullying got worse and so did the rumours, such as, I apparently 'pushed Tom off the roof'. Ever since he fell the events of that day have been replaying over and over and over in my mind wondering what I could have done to stop it. All the rumours are false no one knows the true story. I tried... I tried to save him but I wasn't strong enough. That's why I use drawing to express myself and the feelings I keep from everyone else.

I still don't understand why I drew the bench. I wanted to be there now, but why? I didn't notice that someone had crept up behind me. Suddenly my chair was flung back and I went with it, the chair hit the floor first and then my head. My head hit the floor full force. A sharp stabbing pain came from the back of my head as I moved so I was sitting crossed legged on the floor.

"Ow..." I rubbed the back of my head while everyone laughed and pointed.

'It's not the first time they've done something like this.' I tell myself. Suddenly a girl I had never see before was squatting down in front of me and shouts in my face.

"OH MY GOSH! ARE YOU OKAY?!" she has a black hoodie over the top of her school uniform and long silver hair, her eyes are the colour of sapphires and she is beautiful.

Y/N's POV
"OH MY GOSH! ARE YOU OKAY?!" I squat down in front of the boy as he rubs the back of his head. He nods shyly. So, I stand up and hold out my hand to help him up, I lift him up you notice the blood on his hand. I stare at him, anger slowly digging it's way to the surface, I push his head down and notice a large bleeding gash on the back of his head hidden in between his black locks. Everyone around us is laughing and I look at the kid who tipped the chair, he is laughing and pointing at the boy with black hair. I walk straight up to the guy and glare at him.

"You're a complete jerk for picking on an innocent kid!" I shout and he looks down at me. Although we are the same age, he towers over me.

"He ain't innocent ya little runt! He's a murderer!" He practically spits in my face and shoves my shoulders causing me to fall over on my butt, I look down at my feet and go completely quiet.

"H-Ha?" He stutters nervously as I stay silent and stand up.

"You shouldn't have done that." I whisper so that only a few people heard me. "I just hate it when big jerks like you think that they are so strong and popular that they can boss around smaller weaker kids like me. Did you know it only angers me thinking about the many victims you have? I'm going to teach you a lesson, hmmm... how about a broken limb, maybe an arm or two. No, just one will do fine, the pain should be enough of a lesson..." I coldly decide and grab his shirt, pulling it down so that he's at my eye level, after all he is 6'0 and I am only 5' 4.